Hello to all,

I purchased LinkWorks last night after reading Kevin's write up about it. I thought, "yeah I have gotten some bad links via email in the past."

Well this morning a friend emailed me a link to a news article. When I saw that the last part of the link was truncated, I thought, no worries I get to use LinkWorks. I clicked the link and selected "Get link (LinkWorks)" in the menu.

I waited with anticipation as my browser loaded. I was looking forward to seeing LinkWorks "just works", ready to congratulate myself for making what I thought was a very smart purchase.

Instead of "just works" and reading the article, I was rewarded with a HTTP 404 error. I tried the link in my email on my PC, I was able to view the article confirming that it was available.

I tried setting all permissions to "Allow" and I even tried disabling the Compatibility Mode. I still got that disappointing 404 error.

Glad I didn't spend too much on this because LinkWorks...didn't.

Storm owners beware.
    Last edited by 11B2P; 12-22-08 at 06:30 PM.
    12-22-08 06:19 PM
    Did you email the developed for support? May be good to start there as there may be an easy fix.
    12-22-08 06:27 PM
    azeis,

Sure did. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 07:56 PM
    Heard back from support. Seems the "URL its not working is because the url isn't right". They did ask for the original email which I forwarded but have not heard another word from them.

I guess the malformed URL was not correctly malformed!

Waste of time, please do not waste yours.
    12-28-08 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD