Is this app available somewhere for the Bold 9900?
    01-12-12 10:44 AM
    No, there was an app for devices on 6.0 or older os but they removed it from thier webpage for the time being and said that they are not supporting BB at this time for what ever reason. So for now, we are left with nothing.
    kemj likes this.
    01-12-12 11:00 AM
    Received this today, I guess that the more requests they get, the better the chance of getting an app.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    Subject: LinkedIn app for Blackberry Bold 9900 (OS7)

Hi Enrique,

Unfortunately, at this time we do not have a native application available for the BlackBerry 7 OS. Our Mobile Development team is strongly considering this option in the near future.

Even though we�re not able to respond individually to numerous recommendations we receive, we�d like to invite you to subscribe to the LinkedIn Blog to begin receiving the latest notifications on site improvements. It�s our way of keeping you and our other members informed on all the exciting work we�re doing behind the scenes.

We appreciate the feedback and believe that together we can create great products for everyone!

Regards,

Steve
    LinkedIn Customer Service
    kemj likes this.
    01-12-12 12:22 PM
    Oh, this sucks. Thank you, guys. :/
    01-12-12 03:03 PM
    While we're waiting on LinkedIn..... it would help if TweetDeck or someone would put something out for BB.

I tried the app for OS6 and it was so pitiful it didn't last a day. I deleted it. It's no wonder they took it down...... it was useless.
    02-07-12 05:07 PM
    I know that you can sign in on LinkedIn through Blackberry Travel. But I don't think it's an official app.

Maybe there is a mobile site?

Sorry, wish I could help more, but I don't use LinkedIn.
    02-07-12 06:27 PM
    Maybe there is a mobile site?
    You can access their HTML5 mobile site at http://touch.www.linkedin.com in your BlackBerry browser (works on OS7 for sure, probably OS6 as well). Looks and works very much like the LinkedIn Android app.
    Last edited by jem9777; 02-07-12 at 09:40 PM.
    02-07-12 09:37 PM
    How did you get that response from them? I'll send off an email if that's how you did it.

This morning I was looking for the same thing and so I went here: http://www.linkedin.com/static?key=blackberry and entered my email when they prompted me with the message that it isn't available for my device yet.

Maybe if more people communicate with them via your method and then also request to be notified when a new version is released here: http://www.linkedin.com/static?key=blackberry then we'll have better luck.
    02-08-12 07:03 AM
    While we're waiting on LinkedIn..... it would help if TweetDeck or someone would put something out for BB.

I tried the app for OS6 and it was so pitiful it didn't last a day. I deleted it. It's no wonder they took it down...... it was useless.
    as far as TweetDeck - you may want to try chime.in or ubersocial for BlackBerry - both integrate w/ Twitter and FaceBook
    02-08-12 08:08 AM
    hey RIMM - this is all a nonsense. You have customers that stay loyal to BB, that upgrade to 4G to get over multiple failings from slower network, that upgrade to the Bold 9900 to get over other multiple failings, that ignore the wonders of iphone/android/galaxy etc - and AT LEAST expect the apps that worked on the older/expired/legacy Bold 9700 to work on Bold 9900. I am getting repeated UNAVAILABLE when requesting apps and LinkedIn in just one of them.

so my question at crackberry - who do we go to to get action - to RIMM? or to the many and particular suppliers of apps such as Linkedin? I bought a new 9900 on weekend mainly to get rid of repeated failures on 9700 and prior need to reboot 4-5x a day, and spent time transferring (ie manually reinstalling) my existing apps - finding almost 1/3 of them UNAVAILABLE on new shiny 9900.

RIMM can you also answer if you read this?
    02-13-12 09:37 AM
    The new mobile site for Linkedin on the 9900 is way better then the app ever was. Unless they do a major update to the app I'd rather use the mobile site.
    02-13-12 11:50 AM
    hey RIMM - this is all a nonsense. You have customers that stay loyal to BB, that upgrade to 4G to get over multiple failings from slower network, that upgrade to the Bold 9900 to get over other multiple failings, that ignore the wonders of iphone/android/galaxy etc - and AT LEAST expect the apps that worked on the older/expired/legacy Bold 9700 to work on Bold 9900. I am getting repeated UNAVAILABLE when requesting apps and LinkedIn in just one of them.

so my question at crackberry - who do we go to to get action - to RIMM? or to the many and particular suppliers of apps such as Linkedin? I bought a new 9900 on weekend mainly to get rid of repeated failures on 9700 and prior need to reboot 4-5x a day, and spent time transferring (ie manually reinstalling) my existing apps - finding almost 1/3 of them UNAVAILABLE on new shiny 9900.

RIMM can you also answer if you read this?
    Other than LinkedIn, what others are you looking for? There are quite a few that converted, others that older versions work fine, and there may also be alternatives for OS7.
    02-13-12 01:08 PM
    The new mobile site for Linkedin on the 9900 is way better then the app ever was. Unless they do a major update to the app I'd rather use the mobile site.
    Totally agree. LinkedIN app had major issues, for me anyway. Mobile site is way better.
    02-14-12 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD