I've been searching the crackberry forum and can't seem to find a complete explanation of updating the OS on my Torch 9800 while being able to do the following:

1. Backup 3rd party apps

2. Not reinstalling all apps that came with the phone, but instead, let me select which ones I want. (I would rather it not reinstall facebook, twitter, google voice, all the instant messangers... as I never use those.)

3. Also I would like the ability to put my old OS back on if the updated one doesn't fix certain problems, or if it takes away certain capabilities.

Thanks in advance if somoene can direct me to a good link for this.
    Last edited by wstt; 08-05-11 at 02:41 PM.
    08-05-11 02:09 PM
    Use BBSAK to back up your apps
    08-05-11 02:56 PM
    Apploader wil backup and restore your third party apps during your upgrade.

The FaceBook, Twitter, AIM, Yahoo, Gtalk, etc icons are just launchers. You cannot remove them, they are pushed by the carrier via service books and will just come back. Hiding them is the only way to get rid of them.

You can go back to what you have now using the same method.

* Download and install the OS to your PC
    * Delete the vendor.xml file from the Apploader folder if the OS is from a different carrier
    * Launch Apploader and follow the prompts and choose the apps you want and do want

There is a link in my signature to instructions.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-05-11 at 03:23 PM.
    08-05-11 03:13 PM
    hi!....everytime i update my os...even if its a leak or from rim...all my apps are still there...there is no need to re install them....
    08-06-11 08:15 AM
    hi!....everytime i update my os...even if its a leak or from rim...all my apps are still there...there is no need to re install them....
    "a leak or from rim"... leak or not, every OS is from RIM.
    08-06-11 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD