hi there, i'm kathy! i tried googling this problem but i haven't gotten an answer that's worked for me yet..here's the story.

battery completely died, stuck the charger in it and took a 3hr nap. it showed that it wasn't charging, the radio turned off and the blackberry turned off. unless it's plugged into the wall, it won't turn on..the red light comes on briefly but that's it. if it's plugged in, it won't load up, i just see a white screen with a battery and the blue lightning bolt. called tmobile and asurion but since it's past the six month mark, asurion won't send me a new phone. tmobile will, without charge but they want me to pay $20 for three day shipping or wait ten-fifteen days for it to be delivered. i have three siblings who i'm in charge of and i always need to stay in contact with them, and everyone with a blackberry knows you can't really go without it.

anything i can do? i've heard of wiping the OS, but i have data i need to back up and since it's not starting up i'm not sure if it'll let me do that? any help you can give me would be amazing, i'm pretty much just sitting at the computer and being anxious. i've tried battery pulls, and swapping a battery but i still get the lightning bolt..i'm sorry if this is insanely long and hard to understand, feel free to ask any questions. thank you!

also, i went to a tmobile stand at the mall and she somehow got it to start up but it wasn't accepting ANY charge and when i did another battery pull i got the lightning bolt again..*sigh* right now it's just sitting with the battery out, i'm hoping for a miracle. i stuck my original battery into my friend's phone and it works fine..i really hope it's not dead for good, i can't afford a new one
    11-13-09 10:07 PM
    You can try to reload the OS but I really doubt it would work. Here is the link on how to do it

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    11-13-09 10:25 PM
    thank you..is there any way i can back up my stuff? my address book/messages etc?
    11-13-09 10:26 PM
    i had a friend come across this issue a while back with an 8330. thinking it was a bad battery, we tried a new one. no go. i never for to try an OS re-install with his phone, he ended up getting a new one (upgrade).

you can try a OS re-install by using Desktop Manager. it will automatically backup the phone for you. you may also choose to manually back it up using it, this is what i do. i dont think a backup will work or not, considering the phone wont boot up. you may have to get a new device. my best advice to you is to make almost daily backups of your device for instances like this.
    11-13-09 10:45 PM
    it's so frustrating when you try a different battery it doesn;t work. i tried another one i had and the woman at tmobile tried hers too. i don't know what she did to get mine to boot up, the battery was full but my phone kept saying it was completely drain.

i'll go get desktop manager again now. just take it off the site and it'll do everything for me? or should i use the link above?

thanks for your help and being so patient. i just stuck my battery back in, red light came on briefly again but it won't turn on. tried removing SIM and microSD..no luck.
    11-13-09 10:49 PM
    im pretty sure theres not gonna be anything you can do to recover the phone from this error. if the phone cannot boot up, your computer/desktop mgr cant connect to the boot ROM in order to initiate an OS install. i think its totally nuked and must be replaced. at this point, the issue sounds harware related, not software. something is either broken or corrupted and preventing the device to even begin a startup sequence under battery power. its not necessarily a battery issue but some type of power/battery hardware problem. the device will probably need to be fixed with power management/battery connector parts.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 11-13-09 at 10:59 PM.
    11-13-09 10:54 PM
    there goes my address book i don't know why this would randomly happen, i haven't dropped it or anything really. i'm downloading the desktop manager now, all 290 mb of it. thanks for your help. i think her getting it to boot was just random luck, who knows.
    11-13-09 10:56 PM
    downloaded desktop manager and application loader..desktop manager was sayinng my device wasn't connected and application loader gets to "reconnecting to jvm" (i'm trying to update the OS, or redo it or whatever) and it gets stuck and tells me to reconnect and retry.
    11-14-09 01:44 AM
    im telling you, i dont think the phone will be able to connect. you can try a battery pull and retry but i think the phone is fried.
    11-14-09 03:30 AM
    i got the OS to update to 4.5 and it worked, booted up fine. i know the battery in my phone is completely charged, because i tested it in another phone but my phone wouldn't read it, so i tried pulling it out when the phone was on..and we were back at square one. i'm going to reload the OS again.
    11-14-09 07:59 AM
    hi there, i'm kathy! i tried googling this problem but i haven't gotten an answer that's worked for me yet..here's the story.

battery completely died, stuck the charger in it and took a 3hr nap. it showed that it wasn't charging, the radio turned off and the blackberry turned off. unless it's plugged into the wall, it won't turn on..the red light comes on briefly but that's it. if it's plugged in, it won't load up, i just see a white screen with a battery and the blue lightning bolt. called tmobile and asurion but since it's past the six month mark, asurion won't send me a new phone. tmobile will, without charge but they want me to pay $20 for three day shipping or wait ten-fifteen days for it to be delivered. i have three siblings who i'm in charge of and i always need to stay in contact with them, and everyone with a blackberry knows you can't really go without it.

anything i can do? i've heard of wiping the OS, but i have data i need to back up and since it's not starting up i'm not sure if it'll let me do that? any help you can give me would be amazing, i'm pretty much just sitting at the computer and being anxious. i've tried battery pulls, and swapping a battery but i still get the lightning bolt..i'm sorry if this is insanely long and hard to understand, feel free to ask any questions. thank you!

also, i went to a tmobile stand at the mall and she somehow got it to start up but it wasn't accepting ANY charge and when i did another battery pull i got the lightning bolt again..*sigh* right now it's just sitting with the battery out, i'm hoping for a miracle. i stuck my original battery into my friend's phone and it works fine..i really hope it's not dead for good, i can't afford a new one
    FYI i have gotten 3 phones and never paid it DOES NOT TAKE 15 days they say "IT CAN TAKE UP TO 15 DAYS" its really only 3 or 4
    11-14-09 11:51 AM
    that's the ground shipping right? thanks for the info!
    11-14-09 12:06 PM
    that's the ground shipping right? thanks for the info!
    yup, i never pay them 20 bucks i told them they are crazy for asking that lol

but idk why they say it takes that long it really doesnt. i just got a new phone maybe 1 week ago or 2 it took like 4 days most, the drawback really is finding a ups store to send the broken one back

but also you get faster better service on the chat help live from the website
    11-14-09 12:12 PM
    i got the OS to update to 4.5 and it worked, booted up fine. i know the battery in my phone is completely charged, because i tested it in another phone but my phone wouldn't read it, so i tried pulling it out when the phone was on..and we were back at square one. i'm going to reload the OS again.
    It sounds like a poor power connection, sometimes it will work, other times it fails.

Remove the battery and inspect the 4 Gold contact patches. Clean them with a pink rubber eraser. Inspect and clean the 4 Gold contact pins in the Curve.

With a bit of luck...
    11-14-09 12:12 PM
    It sounds like a poor power connection, sometimes it will work, other times it fails.

Remove the battery and inspect the 4 Gold contact patches. Clean them with a pink rubber eraser. Inspect and clean the 4 Gold contact pins in the Curve.

With a bit of luck...
    I just registered solely to let you know that I had this same exact problem as described and your suggestion fixed it! Thank you!
    11-19-09 11:38 AM
    Thank you Reed McLay - the eraser on the battery/pins on the phone fixed my lightning bolt problem! funny because the pins looked totally clean.
    11-23-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD