I just received an email from the LifeInPocket folks that the version they had up for the Tour does not actually run on the released Tour's we all have (apparently it ran on the pre-release tours). I can confirm in the version I downloaded Sunday, GPS was not working. I installed the update from the link they sent and GPS works fine now. Here is the link:

http://lifeinpocket.com/html/lifeinpocketgo.jad

Its the same version number as the one I installed on Sunday, but this one works. I did not uninstall the previous version when doing this.

Enjoy!
    07-14-09 12:01 PM
    I just got it too, but it still doesn't seem to be working for me - is it a VzW issue (I know that they say nothing works on VzW, but I was under the impression that it would for the Tour...), or am I missing something?
    07-14-09 12:10 PM
    It works fine for me on the Tour now. The old version would just sit at "Scanning Sattellites" and never pick any up. The new version I installed picked it up right away. Just make sure you have a clear shot of the sky and are not doing this from inside a house/building.
    07-14-09 12:20 PM
    I just got it too, but it still doesn't seem to be working for me - is it a VzW issue (I know that they say nothing works on VzW, but I was under the impression that it would for the Tour...), or am I missing something?
    yeah, its not workin for mine either...its just sittin on scanning for satellites....
    07-16-09 10:25 PM
    What does this app do? does it cost money?
    07-17-09 12:43 AM
    whats this app do?
    07-17-09 12:49 AM
    is there an ota for the app or does it need to be installed to DM
    07-17-09 01:14 AM
    It works fine for me on the Tour now. The old version would just sit at "Scanning Sattellites" and never pick any up. The new version I installed picked it up right away. Just make sure you have a clear shot of the sky and are not doing this from inside a house/building.
    Hello, are you sure the link is:

http://lifeinpocket.com/html/lifeinpocketgo.jad

When I went to their website and logged in and requested the download for the Verizon Tour I got texted the following website:

http://lifeinpocket.com/html/s.jad.

When I tryied the link directly above I couldn't get it to download. Something about a 909 error. So then I found your post and used the link that you gave and was able to download. However, when I tried to run LifeinPocket after the insall tool it the following anytime I try to do something:

"Network Error. Network is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

I did go into Advanced Options for LifeInPocket (ver 0.62) and chose "Edit Permissions" and changed them all to "Allowed". Still no luck. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    07-18-09 03:53 PM
    I am not trying to be funny. Was you phone able to see the sky (GPS signal from satellite not blocked by building etc.)
    you right, i was tryin to do that in my house....but when i tried it the other day outside, it got the signal.....so i'm good to go
    07-18-09 03:57 PM
    What does this app do?
    11-12-09 03:17 PM
    Does anyone know if this app is on My World or the CB App Store?

I always prefer to download from these so that I get auto-notified of upgrades.
    11-12-09 09:14 PM
    Oh also, any Canadians using this app? So many GPS-related apps are USA-only...
    11-12-09 09:15 PM
    Does anyone know if this app is on My World or the CB App Store?

I always prefer to download from these so that I get auto-notified of upgrades.
    You have to go to lifeinpocket.com and have the link for your specific device sent via text message to your phone. That link sends you straight to download
    11-13-09 02:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD