With apologies to all the others who are NOT getting notifications in FB, how can I turn off the LED blinking red light I get every time I get an FB post? I have scoured the Options screen under RingTones/Alerts but there is nothing that says Facebook or even "Other" (my niece's Tour has that...don't know why mine doesn't)
    I'm a newbie...don't jump me...thanks.
    11-08-09 01:01 PM
    I don't have a Tour but this is how I would do that on my Curve.
    You should be able to turn that off by editing your Profiles.
    You can edit each Profile seperately. When you go into Edit there should be "Facebook" as one of your options in the list. Click "Facebook", scroll down to where it says "Repeat Notification" and choose "None", instead of what it's currently set to, "LED flashing".

I hope this helps you some as I said before, I don't have a Tour. I wouldn't think the Profiles area would be too terribly different. Hope you get this fixed!

Edited to say - You'll have to set "None" in each Profile (Normal, Medium, Off...etc)
    Last edited by sdnberry86; 11-08-09 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention....
    11-08-09 02:32 PM
    Sounds(on home screen)>Set ring tones/alerts>Other>Facebook
    11-08-09 06:56 PM
    I've gone into Ringtones/Alerts and looked everywhere but for some reason "Other" is not listed. That's the big mystery...facebook isn't listed under any of them. Thanks for the suggestion...any idea how to get to "other" or refresh so that it appears?
    11-08-09 10:36 PM
    I don't have a Tour but this is how I would do that on my Curve.
    You should be able to turn that off by editing your Profiles.
    You can edit each Profile seperately. When you go into Edit there should be "Facebook" as one of your options in the list. Click "Facebook", scroll down to where it says "Repeat Notification" and choose "None", instead of what it's currently set to, "LED flashing".

I hope this helps you some as I said before, I don't have a Tour. I wouldn't think the Profiles area would be too terribly different. Hope you get this fixed!

Edited to say - You'll have to set "None" in each Profile (Normal, Medium, Off...etc)

Stupid me, but where is the edit button? (I am a fairly new user!)
    11-17-09 04:22 PM
    thanks that helped me 2
    11-29-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD