Has anyone tried connecting FileScout to BBM? Others seem to be able to, but for the life of me I can't. I tried with the App World and the emacberry.com versions and no luck. The emacberry.com is actually newer, but still does not connect to my BBM. All FileScout functions work ok.

Thanks for any help given!
    09-10-11 03:55 PM
    I seem to be having the same issue with the latest version 2.7.1.1. The option to "send to" via BBM is just not there. The previous version worked for me though. And, some of my BBM friends say it is working for them just fine as well. I have already fired off a feedback email, so hopefully things can get sorted soon.
    Guatiao likes this.
    09-10-11 05:26 PM
    Ok. Here's the follow-up...
    I received a reply from Matthias. His simple answer to me was that I needed to install it from AppWorld in order to have BBM integration. I originally purchased it from Mobihand, but I did so (trial), without uninstalling the previous install, and all is well and working. From your OP, I'm not too sure you will be happy about that as you stated you tried to get it from both sources with no joy. What I did notice is that both AppWorld and his site have the same exact version (2.7.1.1), but you indicated that the version on his site is actually newer. What versions are you seeing?

My reply to him was a "Thank You". However, I am a bit confused as to why his own site version has no BBM integration as it is the same version on AppWorld. I also asked if the update pop ups that show within the app should be ignored for the future if this is the case. I think there should be some kind of direction to AppWorld if his on-site version is not fully functional.

I hate to say it, but you may need to wipe your device and reload. There may be remnants of his site's version that is preventing you from acquiring the the working AppWorld version.

Brad

EDIT: I just received another reply from Matthias. He indicated that as AppWorld is released to more countries, it will probably be the only place to get FileScout in the future.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 09-11-11 at 04:40 AM.
    Guatiao likes this.
    09-11-11 03:56 AM
    Thanks for your reply Mad! I installed the latest version (2.7.1.1) from App World. I did not see this version in AW before until I did an alt+ RST to get it listed.

Sadly, there is still no BBM integration. It does not show in BBM in the connected apps list.

Otherwise, my 9700 is running great. I see this as a minor nuisance, and for the moment I don't want to go through another wipe/ reinstall cycle, lol! Thanks for your suggestion though, I'm glad you got it working!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 03:25 PM
    I hear you Bro...
    Just to let you know, it did not show up for me in the BBM list immediately upon install. I had to open the app and selected a random picture and attempted to send it via BBM. Then all of the prompts showed for connecting to BBM and such. After it finished checking the BBID and all, only then did it show in the BBM list for connected apps.

Just curious. Matthias said the easy way to tell the AppWorld version from his sites version is that when you open the app, press the menu key, and select "About FileScout" it should say "FileScout v2.7.11 [BBM Edition] [Live]". Do you see that?
    09-11-11 03:40 PM
    I see the prompts in other apps when they connect. I haven't with FileScout.

As for the version details, I don't see the [Live] bit in the one I just installed. Maybe this is the cause?

09-11-11 04:18 PM
    As for the version details, I don't see the [Live] bit in the one I just installed. Maybe this is the cause?
    Exactly... If you don't see "FileScout v2.7.11 [BBM Edition] [Live]" then you do not have the BBM connected version. Avoiding a wipe of your device, I would attempt another uninstall, and perform several (3?) battery pulls to hopefully get rid of any remnants. I would then attempt a final install from AppWorld. If that doesn't work, probably only a wipe & reload of the OS would do it. But, I understand & respect that you don't want to do that.
    09-11-11 04:26 PM
    Ok, so I deleted the app. Pulled the battery a few times. And I see in App World the paid version, 2,7.1.1, and the free one, 2.7.0.9, after resetting App World. I previously installed the paid/trial one, without luck.

Is this what you see in App World too?

Thanks for all your help!!!!

09-11-11 09:45 PM
    Ok, so I deleted the app. Pulled the battery a few times. And I see in App World the paid version, 2,7.1.1, and the free one, 2.7.0.9, after resetting App World. I previously installed the paid/trial one, without luck.

Is this what you see in App World too?

Thanks for all your help!!!!
    Well, IMO, I would think it would be obvious that you probably would want the latest version (2.7.1.1) with the additional fixes. It seems a bit redundant as both versions come with a "full featured 14 day free trial" to install, so why not have the latest?

At this point, when you ask about this it makes me wonder if you have ever paid for this application from any venue? If so, definitely get the latest version. If not, you would probably be best off getting the old 2.7.0.9 version because without payment it will cease to have the added functionality (but still work), and I'm not sure if the paid version would work at all after the trial period.

I purchased the paid version when it was first developed so installing and retaining my activation code throughout all of the updates has been easy. The only factor in installing updates is if you have your original activation code. Then, any trial mode is inconsequential. That was one of the good points about this app... That he has always promised that all updates would be frequent and free. This has been true from my experience.

HTH
    Guatiao likes this.
    09-12-11 02:17 AM
    WoW! Bummer.
    Ya, the only recourse I see is to wipe & reload the OS. There are probably remnants of the older version still there.

Sorry about this situation. Hope it gets worked out in due course.

EDIT: CB is trippin' again... The posts are out of order with the wrong post times.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 09-12-11 at 08:26 PM.
    09-12-11 04:25 PM
    Thanks for all your help! Installing v. 2.7.1.1 (trial) did not do the trick. It hadn't before either.

I hope some incremental upgrade finally connects to BBM... again, thanks!! :-)
    09-12-11 07:42 PM
    I think if I ask for what your BB modules are it would be too much to ask... I see NO FileScout-related modules when I uninstall the app...

Wiping again? No thanks... LOL!
    09-12-11 09:32 PM
    No problem. It's not like you're asking me to do your taxes...
    I have 3 modules...
    1) com_emacberry_Filescout
    2) com_emacberry_Filescout_bbm
    3) com_emacberry_Filescout_lib

EDIT: Oh, and if you use it, for the DropBox Plug-in...
    Only 1 module...
    1) com_emacberry_Filescout_dropboxplugin
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 09-12-11 at 10:24 PM.
    Guatiao likes this.
    09-12-11 10:22 PM
    Same 3 files I have on my Berry... oh well... I give up... heheheh! Thanks, my tax file is on it's way via email, lol!
    09-12-11 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD