Just something simple that allows you to change the color of the led light or alternates colors for the blinking led
    02-13-09 01:12 PM
    02-13-09 01:17 PM
    Just something simple that allows you to change the color of the led light or alternates colors for the blinking led
    I am pretty sure there are a couple of apps available already that do this, BB Alerts is one; granted I wouldn't pay 13 bucks for it. Check out the OTA thread at the top of the page.
    02-13-09 01:18 PM
    I believe he want's something for free.
    02-13-09 01:19 PM
    You mostly got two options pay or trial version then pay......

In the Op's post they never stated free.... Nothing is free in todays world lol
    02-13-09 01:25 PM
    Keep in mind that unless there is a new version, BBAlerts doesnt work well on the storm. It works, but just barely, and many of the config options do not work.
    02-13-09 01:56 PM
    I've been running BB Alerts on my Storm for well over a month and it's great on my device. Definitely one of my favorite apps. I found the set up guide very helpful:

BByMel Software

20% off code from Handango: SAVE20NOW

What problems are you having with it wmscottmc?
    02-13-09 02:34 PM
    the main problem that I have with it is that the sound controls disappear (ring tones/other), so that I cannot control the sound settings for each alert (in any profile).

Also, BBalerts only runs in disabled compatibility mode.
    02-13-09 02:42 PM
    Okay that's why I wanted to ask...I only use BB Alerts to change the LED colors and for that I have no problems. But I was wondering if maybe your issues were related to the audio alerts portion of the app. Have you emailed Mel (the writer, contact info in link I posted in above thread) about it? Maybe it's something he can work out to make BB Alerts fully compatible with the Storm?

Yea I definitely had to disable compatibility, otherwise it was impossible to navigate!
    02-13-09 03:26 PM
    can you make color for many things? i was told you cannot make a color notification for facebook. is this true?
    02-13-09 09:35 PM
    hmm...to pay for an application to change the color or to just live without the color....i think will just be content for now...but thats my opinion...it would be a neat option tho
    02-13-09 09:41 PM
    Is there a way to change your service indicator light?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 09:55 PM
    I would love a free led light changing app. Been holding off on alerts just for this. Come onnn dmglakewood!
    02-14-09 01:18 AM
    lets just make a sticky request for dmglakewood and give him donations
    02-14-09 09:30 AM
    i just purchased a software app that is cool. I miss calls all the time bc can't see service light well new app makes it bright purple and flashes like a strobe. Very visable. Finding it to be useful. App is only 1.99 and runs of system so no mem. leaks or does not use internal mem. No space used up in applications or downloads.There is a post on it just don't know where it is. But crackberry has app.
    02-14-09 09:42 AM
    i think its blinkcall
    02-14-09 12:01 PM
    i just purchased a software app that is cool. I miss calls all the time bc can't see service light well new app makes it bright purple and flashes like a strobe. Very visable. Finding it to be useful. App is only 1.99 and runs of system so no mem. leaks or does not use internal mem. No space used up in applications or downloads.There is a post on it just don't know where it is. But crackberry has app.
    It's called BlinkWhileCall and the Thread to the topic is here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ne...lecall-157268/
    02-14-09 12:10 PM
    Well, I will create this app for you guys, but I will have to charge 1.99$ for it if that's okay?

I don't like cloning apps and then giving them away for free. That makes the developers mad. Also if I charge $1.99 then other apps will have to lower their prices to compete. Then you will have a few different options for the same price.
    02-14-09 01:06 PM
    can colored apps be made for facebook alerts, ? i was told bb apps couldnt do it. i will for sure purchase this app from you. thanks
    02-14-09 01:18 PM
    $2 is way more reasonable than $13 for this sort of application. Kudos to you if you do make it, and I would definitely buy it.
    02-14-09 01:25 PM
    Well, I will create this app for you guys, but I will have to charge 1.99$ for it if that's okay?

I don't like cloning apps and then giving them away for free. That makes the developers mad. Also if I charge $1.99 then other apps will have to lower their prices to compete. Then you will have a few different options for the same price.
    I would pay $1.99 for an app that had options to change the LED for email, sms, mms and missed calls! If you need a beta tester for any of you apps let me know, I volunteer my services!
    02-14-09 02:17 PM
    dmg i will beta test it if you want and 2 dollars is not that bad your the **** thanks.
    02-15-09 08:18 AM
    dmg...you rock.
    02-15-09 08:20 AM
    is this going to happen? if so, can you make the light blue for facebook.
    02-15-09 09:03 PM
    It'd be nice if it just had SMS, MMS, E-mail, calls, missed-calls, facebook, individual messengers, ect.
    02-15-09 09:24 PM
99 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD