For anyone that has been waiting (impatiently) for this, the Kobo ereader app is now available in app world and it does indeed work on the 9780.
    (just loaded it up on mine)

This is exciting for me becuz im a huge geek and love to read. Even though i have the kobo ereader already, i'm glad i can have it on my BB again.

anyways happy eReading!
    02-16-11 12:53 PM
    What does it do?
    02-16-11 03:09 PM
    I thought the word eReader would explain it. lol

Its an eReader app for reading ebooks on ur BB.
    02-16-11 03:14 PM
    No offense meant at all, but I'd rather shoot myself than read a book on a BB screen. But that's just me

Im sure many would love this app thought
    02-16-11 03:41 PM
    No offense meant at all, but I'd rather shoot myself than read a book on a BB screen. But that's just me

Im sure many would love this app thought
    It's actually not that bad -not great but not unusable either.

I have a Kindle and I have the Kindle app on my 9700. In moments os micro-boredom , like waiting for Mrs. Pete6 to exit a store, I can happily read my current book.
    02-16-11 03:46 PM
    like waiting for Mrs. Pete6 to exit a store, I can happily read my current book.
    What would you do if you were without your BB in that store?

LOL. J/K
    02-16-11 03:49 PM
    I thought the word eReader would explain it. lol

Its an eReader app for reading ebooks on ur BB.
    I had an idea in my head but I guess I was just looking for more information...

Do you read entire books on your phone? Does it support ebooks purchased from Amazon?
    02-16-11 03:56 PM
    How did you dl it? I haven't been able to download kobo from app world

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 05:13 PM
    Does anyone know how to sync the kobo with the Blackberry? The instructions in the app say to turn on the ereader and put the Blackberry and the ereader side by side. Then it says to press menu on the Kobo and select "sync". When I press menu on my Kobo, it doesn't say "sync" anywhere! HELP!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-11 07:50 PM
    I had an idea in my head but I guess I was just looking for more information...

Do you read entire books on your phone? Does it support ebooks purchased from Amazon?
    I have read entire books on my bb. you can enlarge the font big enough so that its not too hard on the eyes. But mind you the books, have usually been quick reads.
    I have the kobo ereader that i use when im reading regularly.

I'm not sure about if it supports books from amazon, as you have to log in to your kobo account on the app, so that would lead me to believe you probably cannot.
    02-18-11 12:55 PM
    i have a 9780 too and i tried using the kobo app. do you guys have a problem with the words trailing off the screen? i can't seem to fix it in the settings or changing the font size or anything.

i've been wanting an ereader on my bb for a while but i can't seem to find a good working one...
    03-04-11 04:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD