Okay, this may sound like a strange problem and contrary to what you'll probably believe, I am somewhat tech saavy. I have a Curve 8900 that is about two years old.

But I downloaded the Kindle app several months ago. Things were running smoothly for several days and I noticed no issue with battery life, even while reading it pretty regularly. All of a sudden, one day, I noticed my battery life was running like water. Typically, I can go a full two days without charging. But this problem was bringing my phone to the brink of death after about only one full day. The strange thing was that I wasn't even using the app - just operating my phone like normal...making calls, getting email, etc. I literally hadn't used the app in days when that started happening.

Anyway, I had some other issues with my phone freezing up and needed to run a clean install. Everything was fine again. So several weeks went by and I was reinstalling some apps. I decided to reinstall the Kindle app again. Again, I used it for several days with no problems and then, wham - same thing with the battery life. And again, this was happening when the app was not even in use. I even opened the app to make sure I closed out of it properly. It was the only thing I downloaded recently, but I really find it hard to believe that an app that is not even running could cause such a drain on the battery.

So, I removed the app this time and what do you know - things are back to normal.

The really frustrating thing is that I love the Kindle app, but have no reason why it's killing my battery (or if it's something else).

I could understand how the battery could be going because of age, but like I said, things are fine with the app removed.

Any ideas?
    03-29-11 07:01 PM
    Some that the app is doing is draining the battery, obviously, and my guess would be that it's checking some sort of database for lists of books. You MIGHT be able to reinstall it and turn off, or tune down this setting. That would be my guess.
    03-29-11 08:14 PM
    Thanks - I'll take a look at that.
    03-29-11 10:19 PM
    Once it's reinstalled, and running, press the BB (menu) button, and select options, or settings, or something along those lines and that's where you will find it.
    03-29-11 10:53 PM
    Does Amazon impose a limit to how many books you can have on your phone?

I have a whole bunch of Kindle books in my collection, all of which display nicely on both my Kindle and the Kindle for PC app. But they don't all show up on my Blackberry Curve 8900. I get only about 12 books that are accessible through the app, even though all were loaded via USB to the "ebooks" folder in the "kindle" directory on my Blackberry. I put them there myself, so I don't know why only some of them are available on my phone.

I even tried deleting all the files in that folder and reloading them from my PC. Furthermore, I enabled the "view hidden files and folders" option on Windows and made sure to drag ALL my book files onto my Blackberry. I still only get about a dozen books when I launch Kindle on my phone - yet there are at least 30 books loaded on it.

Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

Thanks!
    10-27-11 08:30 PM
    Does Amazon impose a limit to how many books you can have on your phone?

I have a whole bunch of Kindle books in my collection, all of which display nicely on both my Kindle and the Kindle for PC app. But they don't all show up on my Blackberry Curve 8900. I get only about 12 books that are accessible through the app, even though all were loaded via USB to the "ebooks" folder in the "kindle" directory on my Blackberry. I put them there myself, so I don't know why only some of them are available on my phone.

I even tried deleting all the files in that folder and reloading them from my PC. Furthermore, I enabled the "view hidden files and folders" option on Windows and made sure to drag ALL my book files onto my Blackberry. I still only get about a dozen books when I launch Kindle on my phone - yet there are at least 30 books loaded on it.

Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

Thanks!
    I believe you need to download them on to your BB. I too have hundreds of books on kindle but they don't show up unless they are specifically downloaded on to my BB.

I can see what I have in my library from my BB but must download them to the BB once I wish to actually read them.
    11-03-11 04:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD