When I first got my 9900 I did a device switch from my old 9780 and the Kindle app worked fine. Unfortunately, lots of other stuff didn't, and the 9900 ran slowly and was clearly unhappy. I therefore wiped it and transferred databases for things like messages, contacts, calendar etc over individually and installed my apps manually. I could get the Kindle app onto the 9900 using BBSAK, but I now can't get it to work. I get the Kindle splash screen but the device won't go any further than that.

There must be a file in my 9780 which is critical for getting the app to work that went across on a device switch but which I haven't moved over manually, but does anyone know what it is and where I can find it? It's really frustrating knowing the app can be made to work on my 9900 but not now being able to do it.

Any help, anyone?
    09-07-11 02:00 AM
    I get the Kindle splash screen but the device won't go any further than that.
    I had the same problem. Fortunately, I still had my old BlackBerry (9780 Bold) that had Amazon Kindle app on it. I just did a device switch again through BlackBerry Desktop Manager and got my Kindle App on BlackBerry Bold 9900.

Now, the kindle app is working on BlackBerry Bold 9900 BUT there is a problem: it seems like if you update applications on your BB, your kindle app would stop working again. I am guessing when you update your offending app (I don't know which one) it overwrites some library files that are required for Kindle App to run.

So, I am going to try and not update any of my apps. I am hoping Amazon would release a kindle app for BB 9900 soon.
    09-16-11 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD