Now this is GREAT NEWS from Amazon!

[IMG][/IMG]
    12-21-09 08:06 PM
    Does it work with the BB Tour (9630), i would love to this app.

Now this is GREAT NEWS!

[IMG][/IMG]
    12-21-09 08:07 PM
    The ONE and ONLY thing that I miss after giving up my iPhone for my BB 9700 is the Kindle App. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS APP TO BE RELEASED for the BB community! This is indeed GREAT NEWS for the avid reader!
    12-21-09 08:13 PM
    cool thanks for the heads up
    12-21-09 09:44 PM
    What exactly does a Kindle application give you on a Blackberry that Mobipocket hasn't been providing for years?

I'm asking out of genuine curiousity. Is it availability of mainstream books?
    12-22-09 07:30 AM
    It will give you availability of a LOT more titles than Mobipocket has currently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 07:41 AM
    Fair enough. When I have the opportunity to read a book I've been happy with the content availability through fictionwise and baen.com; but most of my reading these days is textbooks in the old fashioned paper format.
    12-22-09 03:15 PM
    I have already read two books and purchased 5 using the Barnes and Noble app on my Storm 2. I've been comparing BnN eBook store to the Kindle store and it seems that the prices are identical and BnN has a larger selection. The BnN app will soon allow sharing books with friends and the new Nook looks like a Kindle killer.
    01-02-10 06:13 PM
    There's a barnes & noble app?? I'd love to get books on my bb. They'd make long cardio sessions @ the gym a lot more fun .
    01-02-10 06:19 PM
    Do you know if other ebook formats are supported on the Bold 9700? I have a Sony E-reader and most of my ebooks are in pdf-format. Am still waiting for my Bold (first BlackBerry - very exciting) - if the screen is comfortable enough for extensive reading I wouldn't have to take my ebook everywhere and could buy a smaller handbag:-)
    But the Sony Reader has e-ink technology - so the screen isn't backlit which makes for very comfortable reading. Anyone got any experience with long texts on the Bold screen?
    01-02-10 06:22 PM
    Kindle for blackberry will do very well i am sure.
    01-02-10 07:58 PM
    I can't not wait for the Kindle app release

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 12:51 AM
    While I have watched movies on the Tour - that is still only about two hours of SMALL SCREEN. I'm not sure that I could read for hours and hours. I have not seen the kindle and/or any new offerings from others but the "lighting" system is also different as someone mentioned above - making it easier on the eyes as well as the size of the screen and fonts. I'm not sure.
    01-03-10 11:08 AM
    I read Kindle books on my iPod touch all the time, and it doesn't bother me. I imagine reading them on the Storm will be the same.

I can't wait for it to come out.
    01-03-10 04:27 PM
    The kindle ap will sync between the phone and the kindle so that whereever you leave off reading on one device it will sync to that page on the other device and allow you to keep reading very cool.
    02-03-10 08:56 AM
    I'm definitely lookin forward to this App. I currently have the BN eReader and it's ok. But I'm really ready for a Kindle.
    02-03-10 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD