I have asked one of the guys over in the Developers Forum to look into writing me a sound level meter. I think that this will be a really eat little app.

So far, not one line of code has been written for the app but I have hopes that I shall se a beta sometime this year.

I do quite a bit of audio work, sond re-inforcement and live recording, etc. and such a meter, whilst not totally accurate will be a useful tool to have to hand at all times for me.
    06-21-08 11:35 AM
    I would love it if my Berry could work with the automatic garage door opener to open the door for me. I always know where my Berry is, never know where the garage door opener is tho. That would be a great app!
    06-21-08 12:30 PM
    A car starter that has a better distance use than the commercial ones out now would be sweet
    06-21-08 03:13 PM
    Ok, can someone tell me what Viigo does? I went and looked at the site but all I found out from that is something about RSS feeds. Does it just let you see what is happening with sports or what?
    06-21-08 03:39 PM
    Koolies, keep the ideas coming, eventually the killer will make it's appearance. Although, so far, the SMS sounds pretty cool idea. Elaborate on the SMS app in which text messages are threaded like a chat.

The Sound meter idea sounds coolies too! Although, it's a bit nichie since it is related to a specialty where as SMS well heck, everyone does that!
    06-21-08 03:55 PM
    I'm thinking a good, free HTML email dealio would rule on high.

Of course, my guitar playin side would love a digital strobe tuner, decent sound recording/mixing, and midi synching via BT.
    Ballistics, windage, and elevation calculators for the shooter in me.

An app that synchs to Google calendar and contacts the way Outlook synchs. . .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 09:02 PM
    NES Emulator!!!
    06-21-08 09:06 PM
    NES Emulator!!!
    The original Donkey Kong!
    06-21-08 10:38 PM
    There are free Nes emulators out there. They are junk though. FPS is horrible. I deleted the one I had. Maybe the pearl is the reason. IDK

Killer apps: Google maps, Viigo, Opera Mini etc..
    06-26-08 11:17 PM
    Yes yes yes the original Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr.
    06-26-08 11:23 PM
    How about an app that would give me unlimited technology from the entire universe???? Sounds good to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 11:28 PM
    I would really like a way to control my TV from my Berry... one less stupid remote to keep track of... and you always know where your Berry is!
    06-26-08 11:32 PM
    OR... now that I think more about it... some app that gets you free BlackBerry data so you do not need to pay for a Data Plan!!!

(in our dreams...)
    06-26-08 11:33 PM
    OR... now that I think more about it... some app that gets you free BlackBerry data so you do not need to pay for a Data Plan!!!

(in our dreams...)
    It's called a wifi hotspot! I like the sms idea, as long as each contact could have their own threaded conversation. Used to carry a TREO 650 and that was one of the coolest features of the sms/mms on that device! I actually liked the TREO 650 calendar better as well. How about a more "TREO"esk calendar app. Looked for one but didn't really like what was out there.
    07-02-08 10:27 PM
    an online sports-wagering app.
    07-08-08 10:45 PM
    But then you have to deal with the eventual clone jealousy, which eventually leads to the clone civil rights movement and slave labor charges filed against you. Or, worst case scenario, your clone takes you out so he can enjoy going to the beach.

Sheesh, have we learned nothing from sci-fi?

you know how when you make a copy of a copy and its not as sharpe as the original
    07-09-08 08:04 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD