I would like to know if there is an app/key combo to kill a frozen app. I don't mean press the cancel key.

I have a messaging app called MXit and every now and then it freezes, as easy as it is, I don't feel like having to do a battery pull every time.

Is there an app that allows you to kill/terminate other apps? If so, where can I get it?

Thanks in advanced
    05-19-10 03:28 PM
    ALT+right cap+DEL will soft-reboot the device. No other way that I know of.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 03:32 PM
    Whenever an app freezes on me (which is rare) I just hold down the power (end call button) for about 5 seconds until I get the shutting down screen. I have yet to see that not work. This way you don't need to go through the entire boot process.
    05-19-10 03:35 PM
    ^ Unfortunately after turning the phone off by holding down the power button and turning it back on, it still remains frozen.
    05-19-10 03:36 PM
    Sounds like the app is the problem...

Then from there, you're only real choice would be a battery pull.
    05-19-10 03:51 PM
    So is there no app or utility that is able to kill another app?
    05-20-10 05:04 AM
    when my BBM Group pics freezes up, i can use the app switcher to navigate away from it. however, it still remains frozen and messed up. as far as ive seen, rebooting is the only real way to fix a frozen app.
    05-20-10 05:17 AM
    the device should kill it itself after a while... i know sometimes when i have an app (i do alot of beta testing so it happens) that freezes and i get out of it via the task manager etc... the device after a while sees its not responding and will kill it by itself... you'll see a dialogue box telling you that it killed it
    05-20-10 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD