Hi- I recently bought a Blackberry for my teenage daughter and like it so well I ordered one for me. The problem is she is special needs and keeps getting in trouble for using it at school. I need her to have it before and after school.

What I need (and can't find) is a keyboard lock app that can be programmed to lock the keyboard only during certain set hours, something like the parent control on cable TV.

I realize this sort of user isn't what BB's were designed to service. With that said, has anyone seen an app with this feature or know a way to do this?

10-26-10 04:11 PM
    You could turn the data off every morning and turn it back on when she gets home. It will still receive and make calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 10-26-10 at 07:25 PM.
    10-26-10 07:23 PM
    ? If the data is off it won't make calls.
    More on point, if any third party app were used, it also wouldn't allow emergency calls until it was unlocked, and I can't help but think that there's no reason to even have the phone with you at that point.
    10-27-10 05:09 PM
    This app has a run on schedule portion to run a command or app and may work for you.
    http://versatilemonkey.com/d/products/VersaTool_BlackBerry_All_In_One_Tool

Only other thing I could think of are program the auto on. off. Or setup fixed number dialing - options-phone- fnd so they can only dial certain preprogrammed numbers.

10-27-10 06:29 PM
    ? If the data is off it won't make calls.
    More on point, if any third party app were used, it also wouldn't allow emergency calls until it was unlocked, and I can't help but think that there's no reason to even have the phone with you at that point.
    My 8330 makes phone calls just fine with the data turned off.

Menu/Options/Mobile Network/Data Services set to off.

10-27-10 09:19 PM
    That doesn't make sense, if data is off you're disconnected from the wireless network.
    I tried it to make sure - it told me to restore connections.
    If you can make calls without being connected to a mobile network, I wanna buy your phone

10-27-10 09:33 PM
    In the phone settings, Data refers to internet, etc, not phone calls. Its possible to turn one off and leave the other on.
    10-27-10 09:43 PM
    Oooh, my bad. I get what you mean now. But that certainly wouldn't prevent his daughter from using it at school.
    I retract my offer to buy your phone lol.

10-27-10 09:45 PM
    Are you trying to prevent her from making calls also, or just from texting and playing with apps?
    10-28-10 03:03 PM
    Thanks for all the ideas. I will download the VersaTool app and see if the scheduling feature can be set up in a way to lock ou the phone.

To satisfy the teachers I need to turn the phone into a useless paperweight until 3:15. Otherwise she won't stop fiddling with it. At od yesterday I have someone enter the password a the end of the day. But the phone will relock after awhile. I haven't looked for a timeout feature yet. Thanks
    10-29-10 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD