So I'm not a fan of the default keyboard lock on the Torch using the lock key on top. It gets accidentally pressed, or sometimes I'll reach into my pocket, pull out my phone, and it'll slide open (which also unlocks it).

Anyone have any recommendations for a very simple unlock application, could be a visual slider or a keypress, doesn't matter. I just want to still be able to lock my phone either with the lock key or by holding A, and to unlock it by tapping a key or sliding it open and then executing the unlock sequence (slider or keypress combination).

Your feedback is appreciated!
    09-30-10 09:19 PM
    Pattern lock app. Free version
    09-30-10 09:21 PM
    BEIKS in my signature. Default is *+Talk, which requires you to open the keyboard. However, you can re-assign it to any button you wish. I have made mine the BB button, which I have yet to accidentally press. Also, it constantly runs in the background, so you simply press your BB button for 1.5 seconds to bring up your running apps and click the lock to lock it. VERY easy.
    09-30-10 09:27 PM
    Patternlock is great
    I paid for it, didn't know there was a free version but it was worth the 2.99 lol
    10-01-10 12:19 AM
    Pattern Lock. I have the paid version. Has tons of options.
    10-01-10 12:22 AM
    I just got iLock in App World. It'll password lock any app on my 9630. (no clue about 9800 compatibility) I'm using it to "lock my phone app to prevent pocket dials. It's free if u leave a review.
    10-01-10 12:38 AM
    I have TGrape Keyboard Lock.

It is 5.0 compatible and has multiple unlock options.
    I like the swipe unlock, even on my Bold.

Also application password lock possible.

TGrape Keyboard Lock
    10-01-10 09:00 AM
    Pattern Lock. I have the paid version. Has tons of options.
    I'm liking the free version of PatternLock so far, but was wondering a couple of things about the paid version.

Is it possible to see your emails, BBMs, etc. without unlocking it? Not to read them but to see what you received? Because with the free version, it just vibrates but I have no idea what it's vibrating for (audible alerts aside).
    10-01-10 03:39 PM
    I'm liking the free version of PatternLock so far, but was wondering a couple of things about the paid version.

Is it possible to see your emails, BBMs, etc. without unlocking it? Not to read them but to see what you received? Because with the free version, it just vibrates but I have no idea what it's vibrating for (audible alerts aside).
    Yes, but not by itself. You need to use BerryPopup and set 3rd party apps to be able to show popups on top of the lock screen.

That way you can read the emails/sms through the popup window and mark them as read, delete, etc. This won't work for BBM or anything that requires actually going into the native app, because that would defeat the purpose of the lock.
    10-01-10 03:56 PM
    This question has been asked numerous times so if people cared to search they would have found it. All these new threads that are being started to cover issues that have been well documented is annoying to say the least.
    10-01-10 06:56 PM

Yes and no. Through the lock screen, I can see icons for emails, missed calls, voicemail, and SMS/MMS. Facebook ones don't show through, so I know that's what I have if the led is blinking but no icons.

I have to unlock to read the messages, etc. The setting is called "Allow applications to pop up information over lock screen." In General section. The option for whether you see email, etc notifications is also in the options, under Notifications.

My calendar reminders show up through the locked screen, so I know which appointment it is without the unlock.

Hope that helps.
    10-01-10 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD