Hey all!
    I downloaded OTA KeePass for BB, I already use it on my Vista machine. On the BB it says "Import Database", is this the same database that the KeePass on my PC uses? If so, how can that be transfered to my BB so I can "browse" to it and load it (since it's not a media file)? It also says I can use a URL, but I don't want to upload my passwords database to the internet anywhere!
    10-20-08 09:52 PM
    Hey all!
    I downloaded OTA KeePass for BB, I already use it on my Vista machine. On the BB it says "Import Database", is this the same database that the KeePass on my PC uses? If so, how can that be transfered to my BB so I can "browse" to it and load it (since it's not a media file)? It also says I can use a URL, but I don't want to upload my passwords database to the internet anywhere!
    It does use the same DB as on a PC and you do not post anything on the web. If you download the zip file for the BB version and open it, one of the text files has a bit of a user manual that I do not think shows up with the OTA download. Try reading that file. You can copy the PC DB to your BB and store it on an internal SD card assuming you have installed one. If you have an SD card, when you connect your BB to your PC the BB should ask if you want to allow the SD card to be accessible. If you answer yes, it will show up in Windows Explorer and look like a flash drive. You can then copy the DB from the PC to the BB.

Have fun!
    10-21-08 11:05 PM
    Awesome, thanks Pete, I haven't had a chance to work on this, but your instructions are on my list to do!
    11-01-08 12:02 AM
    I just saw a notice someplace that there is a new release of KeePass for the BB that changes the location of the DB from the SD card to the main BB memory. I have not had a chance to use this version yet so some of the instructions I gave in my previous post may have changed. If history is any indication be sure to use the version that downloads to the PC to get the full set of instructions. Not sure when I will have time to do the update, might be a couple of days!
    11-01-08 04:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD