Hey folks,

First off I'm really sorry if this has been asked before, I have tried to search for a good half an hour but not having too much luck with this one.

I am getting up-to-date and correct notifications when someone posts etc on my wall or sends me a message only once and these do not come back again and again...

But, messages such as "Happy Birthday" from July 2009 and dates from 2009 keep coming back again and again and again and again... You get the picture - Had some of these messages non-stop for a month now and never seem to go away!!

No one has posted a message or liked these etc, they are just always the same with the same Date & Time..

Anyone got any ideas? Hard Reset does not work...

Many thanks!
    10-25-10 01:49 AM
    I thought I was the only one! Lol! I keep getting a wall post from 2009 and I'm like what in the world is going on?!
    10-25-10 06:18 AM
    me too, last week. Kept getting a happy birthday post from september.
    10-25-10 06:21 AM
    Heh, I get the same thing as well. Its quite annoying. Although I realized that sometimes the old post shows up if that peson posts something on your wall or whatever...its weird. I've had it happen, checked my computer, and there was a new wall post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 06:59 AM
    I think if someone post something on your wall from a game, like farmville, Facebook for BlackBerry just sends you an old message instead of a message saying "michael send you free fuel" or whatever. I've noticed it too and that's what I found it to be everytime I get an old message or blank message from FB on my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 07:53 AM
    I'm glad it's just not me then! - Wonder if anything can be done about it? I'm just deleting the messages but they just come back when they feel like it...
    10-25-10 09:57 AM
    So is there a solution to this? I'm so thankfull I'm not the only one... would love to fix this...
    11-13-10 07:58 AM
    I'm just as frustrated with this... every time I do a battery pull, I get 10-20 ancient FB messages (always a random number of them). This just started happening when I updated the app. last week (to the version that includes Places).

Anybody have a solution?
    11-18-10 08:30 AM
    I just upgraded a few days ago to 1.9.0.20 and I'm getting the same thing. Just a lot of old notifications and they are just dim like it's telling you they were read aready. When I get new notifications and I try to delete them they just stay in my messages but turn dim too. Anyone find a fix to this or know where you can get the older versions so I can downgrade?
    11-20-10 10:50 AM
    So I went into the FB app today and into Options and under "Connect your Facebook account with:" I unchecked Blackberry Message Application. Then I got annoyed a little later because no messages were coming through anymore so I went back in and checked it again and now all is working fine. When a new notification comes though it is bold....once I read it, it goes dim and if I delete it, it actually deletes now. Must have been a glitch when I upgraded the program.
    11-21-10 12:56 AM
    I tried that on the BB Bold and it didn't work on the older ones. I think the ones that won't delete are ones that were sent from someone other than me to multiple people and I responded. Those are the ones that won't delete and I suspect it is because I don't own it to begin with. UGH frustrating!
    11-24-10 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD