The next version of KBLauncher is now in beta test in App World's Test Center. The app is temporarily free until the beta is over. You can view the description on the App World web page. Feel free to discuss here.

Description:

What is it? KBLauncher is a faster, more convenient way to use your BlackBerry�, powered by your keyboard. It lets you very quickly launch your apps by typing the beginning of its name. Just hit ENTER when your command is up. No need to remember cryptic shortcuts or spend time configuring: KBLauncher automatically detects your apps and uses their names. It also comes with a collection of useful utilities and convenience commands not available from your home screen. Configure one of your convenience keys to start KBLauncher, and unleash the power of your keyboard.

NEW FEATURES IN BETA:

• New commands: Screenshot, Event Log, Power Off, Reset LED, SMS Inbox, MMS Inbox, Media, Music, Pictures, Playlists, Ringtones, Videos, Voice Notes, Podcasts. (Some commands may not be available depending on your OS version and available permissions.)
    • New ways to launch KBLauncher: use the system menu or home screen shortcut.

Update 2/19/11

The beta program for KBLauncher has ended. I will be making an official release of KBLauncher 2.0.0 soon. Thanks to all beta testers.
    Last edited by cwong15; 02-19-11 at 10:43 AM.
    02-08-11 08:36 PM
    Wow looks pretty cool. I'll be testing and add a review as I get more information. Thanks!
    02-11-11 09:06 AM
    I loaded this up and put it through its paces. Very nice app that really does extend the functionality of the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 10:03 AM
    The only thing I've been having trouble (other than starting to write without pressing space first) is I can't find the twitter application... Anybody knows how?
    02-12-11 01:48 AM
    The only thing I've been having trouble (other than starting to write without pressing space first) is I can't find the twitter application... Anybody knows how?
    Hi. Other users have also reported KBLauncher's problem with recognizing Twitter. This will be fixed in the release version. Thanks.
    jcastilloalonso likes this.
    02-14-11 03:49 PM
    Excellent app Chris, as I've said before
    Never understood why this app never got nominated for a CB award or anything. It was a huge help in OSes 4.5and 5.0.
    02-14-11 07:59 PM
    I am new to the BB world but not close to new for smart phones. I do have to say this is a very well made and ingenious app. Props from me!
    02-16-11 06:37 PM
    This app is my new favorite, it's on my short list of must have apps!
    02-18-11 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD