Here's a themed video flashlight to spice things up a bit... got the idea for this while taking a long walk by flashlight and wishing there were a clock to go along with the battery meter. Then, why not add an image too, there's space for it.

This is my colorized edition of John Tenniel's illustration of the Cheshire Cat from the original publication in 1866. After a while his eyes, grin, and whiskers turn into a battery meter by changing color. It shouldn't take any more power than other flashlights, may even take less.

Kat Light - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Last edited by LSphone; 02-06-10 at 11:37 PM.
    02-06-10 11:35 PM
    Although very interesting, MicroFire works just fine for me.
    02-06-10 11:48 PM
    LSPhone,

I love this! I will probably buy it. Please tell me this first:

1. How big is the app?
    2. Does it completely turn off, including the video recorder, with one button?

thanks!
    02-08-10 08:51 AM
    Although very interesting, MicroFire works just fine for me.
    Yea for me to

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 12:51 PM
    LSPhone,

I love this! I will probably buy it. Please tell me this first:

1. How big is the app?
    2. Does it completely turn off, including the video recorder, with one button?

thanks!
    It's 129K, best I could do while keeping the image sharp.

If you quit with Escape it kills the camera along with the app, or if you quit with End it kills the flashlight app but leaves the camera in the background, that's just how the camera works. You have to click twice if the cover screen is up, or once if the camera is visible. (edit: Flick or click the trackball or click the screen first, then click Escape. I'll try to fix this.)

In case anyone was wondering why the colors are what they are, I painted a picture years ago called "The Orange Cat" that had nothing to do with the Cheshire Cat, and the current unusual color scheme is a reference to that.
    Last edited by LSphone; 02-09-10 at 08:44 PM.
    02-08-10 01:32 PM
    I have absolutely no need for this app. None whatsoever. I already have an app that uses the video camera light.

BUT...I bought it anyway! Why? It just plain amuses the heck out of me! Thanks, LSphone, for something both useful and fun.
    02-08-10 05:40 PM
    LSPhone,

I bought it today, and I love it. However, no matter how I try to close it, the video recorder stays open in the background.

thanks
    02-09-10 04:05 PM
    OK, I just tried this on my 8330. Pressing Escape, the app shuts down and tries to pass the Escape on to the vidcam, this works in MicroFire and VideoFlashlight but something somewhere in Kat is preventing it from being received by the camera.

For the moment, the solution is to get rid of the cover screen either by flicking or clicking the trackball, then press Escape. The camera has to receive the Escape, otherwise it stays open.

I tried to figure out why this is happening and couldn't, had to stop spending time on it, but I'll have another look at it. Previously this was only happening on the Storm, now it's happening on the other devices too. I can at least make it work by pressing Escape twice, we'll see if I can make it shut down fully in 1 press like the others do. I counted on a cat being in the app but not a gremlin.
    02-09-10 08:38 PM
    LSphone,
    You are the best! I can live with flicking the trackball then pressing Escape.
    thanks again!
    02-09-10 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD