read the reviews and threadd but its just not coming through clear, sorry if this is a stupid redundant question, but what does this do?
    it looks like a list of shortcuts? for liek the internet? is that not the same as my favorites, which is free?
    im sure im incorrect because everyone is orgasming over this app, i just want to know what it does, because im sure tis a great app, but maybe not a great app for a casual user like me...
    03-03-09 01:58 PM
    By all means, I don't want to be an a$$hole and offend you, but the thread right now contain out of 17 pages and still you can't figure out what QL does?

Take your time and read the thread and / or download the trial.
    03-03-09 02:07 PM
    no i read it and its all people just saying how much they love it, i went through 8 pages before i posted this thread because i know people get mad with dupes and its all "THIS IS AWESOME" "HOW MUCH IS THIS?" "CAN I IMAKE IT PURPLE?", but like, i just wanted more info one what it ACTUALLY does
    03-03-09 02:20 PM
    I was not very clear on this as well. It just seems like your applications are put in a list. I think I am just confused with how so many people give great reviews of it, but it doesn't seem to do much. I feel like I am overlooking something.
    03-03-09 02:23 PM
    Seems like some of the apps are kind of a waste of memory to me.
    03-03-09 02:28 PM
    I was not very clear on this as well. It just seems like your applications are put in a list. I think I am just confused with how so many people give great reviews of it, but it doesn't seem to do much. I feel like I am overlooking something.
    EXACTLY
    more words for post to be long enough to post
    03-03-09 02:29 PM
    Its a program that gives you a pop-up window in any screen (you assign it to a convenience button) and it lets you launch apps, call someone, or go to websites, without needing to go to the homescreen first. Its also a way to have more shortcuts than the 6 on the homescreeen icons.
    03-03-09 02:31 PM
    hmmm i see, so its like a convenience thing.....like i have an l theme (that i got free from emkwan i think) and it works great, but this is basically the same thing with the added feature of being able to jump from my radio into a movie into the net.
    03-03-09 02:33 PM
    its basically as described above. its a small app that you can assign to a specific key. then when you launch it, you can go straight to whatever programs or functions that you have assigned to the menu.
    03-03-09 03:38 PM
    It's particularly useful when you are doing something, and need to check mail/time without needing to go to the homescreen.. convenience key+M=brings me to mail, convenience key+N=NYTimes webpage, convenience key+P=BBM, etc.

I'd describe it as an extension of the convenience key.
    03-03-09 03:45 PM
    i see.
    thanks for clearing that up gorgeous
    03-03-09 04:38 PM
    Yeah I have in it my most used apps, two most used sites for the browser, and three most people I text often (didn't use the call thing as I already have them on speed dial, so no need for it). It's very convenient.
    03-03-09 04:46 PM
    Also, the WiFi toggle (on/off) is very, very useful, and saves space on my homescreen where manage connections used to be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 04:52 PM
    hmmm i MAY be able to use this, but im not a power user
    03-03-09 07:23 PM
    An extra bonus is that everything including third party apps on QL back up via desk top. A bonus for me anyway.
    03-03-09 07:29 PM
    also helps with themes.. when you switch themes, you only need to organize maybe the home screen, and everything else you can access through QL. no more hours of organizing after switching themes!! also, themes with no icons also work now without hampering usability too much. good for wallpaper lovers
    03-03-09 07:36 PM
    This is a really nice feature..at first i wasn't understanding but once i downloaded it and tried it it was awesome! Like the fact that you don't have to go back to Home screen all the time ..you can easily switch from one to another.
    03-03-09 07:49 PM
    Guess I'm going to give it a go. I was confused too.

03-03-09 08:05 PM
    i think i'm gonna just keep my money in this economy and make the 1 or 2 extra clicks to get where i need to be
    not worth it to me
    whatever it is that i'm doing can wait the 2 seconds it would take me to get to any app on my BB
    i could see it being worth it if rolling a trackball and clicking 2 or 3 times was manual labor....
    dont get me wrong its a nice lil app and i know some of you will swear you cant live without it after using it for a week...for those people i hear ya : )
    Last edited by giantfan30; 03-03-09 at 09:20 PM.
    03-03-09 09:15 PM
    i think im with you
    03-04-09 01:48 PM
    Yea. I bought it and must say that it doesn't really save me any time. I'm so used to going to my main icons that I forget I have QL. I mean, if you have all of your most used icons moved towards the top of your screen then I don't see the need. We're talking about a few seconds of saved time at best.

03-04-09 01:54 PM
    Great, a QL bashing thread, let me pile on!

Actually, it is a nicely executed little app. I had the beta, but it was ultimately a shoulder-shrugger for me. Pushing the convenience key and scrolling down the list of apps/saved websites in QL is not all that different than pushing the BB key and scrolling through icons, or clicking on the browser icon (always on my main screen) and scrolling through bookmarks -- both of which you can do in the middle of (and without quitting) another app by hitting the end call button. So you save yourself a button press in those situations.

I must admit I'm a little puzzled over the buzz, too.
    03-04-09 02:25 PM
    You can just press the first letter after you press the convenience key to skip to that one. Plus you can rename all the apps, so convenience key+m opens mail, while convenience key+n opens the nytimes website, convenience key+c opens the camera, convenience key+c twice for clock, etc. Once you learn the shortcuts, it becomes very easy to get through your apps.

03-04-09 02:44 PM
    I'd like to add that if you don't use many third party apps, there isn't much of a point to this app.

03-04-09 02:52 PM
    What about the convenience key? can it be some other key? I hate convenience keys....they are the most inconvenient keys.
    02-11-10 06:12 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD