Or does the app CardStar suck? I can't get it to work with any of my store cards. It shows the company logo and the bar code, but no reader can pick up the bar code from my phone. I had it on my Tour and now on my Bold. At least at BJ's, they type in the code but I'd rather the app work.

Any ideas out there?
    08-17-10 08:46 PM
    It's not just you. It never worked for me either, and after about 1 week of trying I deleted it. The guy at Borders told me he had seen the app on a few iphones too and that it also did not work for them.
    08-17-10 08:49 PM
    I installed a while back and the database consumed a TON of app memory...had to delete.
    08-17-10 08:54 PM
    Well, I feel better now! At least I know it's not me or the phone. Good idea, bad execution I suppose.
    08-17-10 08:54 PM
    Well, I feel better now! At least I know it's not me or the phone. Good idea, bad execution I suppose.
    Yeah, especially when most of the time they can look up your membership number with your phone number, name, etc.

The only place I've ever tried it was our huge public library. It worked flawlessly with their self-checkout.
    08-17-10 09:05 PM
    Worked for me at Shop Rite and CVS. Those are the only two I tried so far. These used hand scanners at both.
    08-17-10 09:08 PM
    PetSmart uses hand scanners too. Nothing. Clerk told me she's seen a few of these apps and none of them have worked. Ah well.....
    08-18-10 05:15 AM
    I had used this program when it first came out. It worked great for me at a couple of places (CVS and Foodlion). Removed because of the size of the program. I have not tried it again since they have made it smaller.
    08-18-10 06:20 AM
    I just give them my phone number if I don't have the store card.
    08-18-10 07:09 AM
    I never could get it to work either. None of the scanners would pick it up so I deleted it.
    08-18-10 10:41 AM
    I work at CVS so I'm gonna try tomorrow to scan my employee card that I set up on my phone. Hope it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 10:21 PM
    I just give them my phone number if I don't have the store card.
    this^. it's 20x easier. just sayin'

(yes i've used cardstar too. it's very limited on what it works on)
    08-22-10 11:04 PM
    It has more to do with the type of scanner than the software/BlackBerry. Most scanners can't read off of a screen. I don't know if it the glare, or something along those lines, but the scanning lasers can't see them.

There are newer scanners that work more like a camera, and those should work. It's mainly the laser ones that (everyone has and) won't work.
    08-23-10 06:41 AM
    I've been using this app for awhile now. I had issues with it not scanning on my 8330 but it seems to scan just fine on the 9800 and the 9670. You have to have them scan it with a handheld scanner. The flatbed scanners produce too much of a glare and won't scan. It also has been updated just recently to show any deals that are going on at a specific store.
    12-13-10 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD