Just came from 75 to 122 and the browser is extremely fast, so opera has gone out the window. Anyone else sticking with opera or dont find the need for it with .122?
    04-18-09 08:08 AM
    I deleted Opera a longtime ago. Agree
    04-18-09 08:20 AM
    Yes I agree, I got rid of Opera a while back, went to Bolt, but now on .122 I noticed That when you tap to zoom in, the text is automatically reformatted to fit your screen. May have to ditch Bolt also he he.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 02:12 AM
    Maybe an incentive for me to do the .113 to .122 jump on my main phone... mmm
    04-21-09 03:17 AM
    There's no storm specific version of opera available and bolt is still in beta testing. Best browser I found so far is the 5.0 version from the hybrids

04-21-09 09:29 AM
    You guys are crazy.

Opera is so much faster than BB browser it is sad.

Moving around crackberry WAP is not even a comparison.

When moving to .131/.122 Hybrid it is even more noticeable. I can scroll all the way down the webpage using the side scroll bar with Opera without a single hiccup now!! Couldn't do that before the addition of .131
    04-21-09 10:32 AM
    You guys are crazy.

Opera is so much faster than BB browser it is sad.

Moving around crackberry WAP is not even a comparison.

When moving to .131/.122 Hybrid it is even more noticeable. I can scroll all the way down the webpage using the side scroll bar with Opera without a single hiccup now!! Couldn't do that before the addition of .131
    There's no storm specific version of opera available and bolt is still in beta testing. Best browser I found so far is the 5.0 version from the hybrids

Definitely agree that the 5.0 browser nullifies the bolt and opera browsers...Once you d/l that, you dont need the other two. I only keep opera around to download non-blackberry storm specific software (ie: Google Mobile)
    04-21-09 10:57 AM
    I tried the 5.0 browser and did not see a difference between the .122 browser.
    04-21-09 10:58 AM
    True Mark. I love Opera and only use bb browser to either download or if opera is giving and error. I don't know wha I would do without it!

04-21-09 11:01 AM
    True Mark. I love Opera and only use bb browser to either download or if opera is giving and error. I don't know wha I would do without it!

I agree totally.. I hate adding app when not necessary, but Opera Mini is a keeper.
    04-21-09 11:41 AM
    I love Opera. Its built for speed and it will probably always be faster. BB browser has its uses and I welcome improvements, but there's no comparison. My wife hates surfing on her iphone 3g after seeing opera speeds. She's waiting for opera on her phone.

04-21-09 11:48 AM
    My wife hates surfing on her iphone 3g after seeing opera speeds. She's waiting for opera on her phone.
    Never going to happen...ever lol blame Apple.

And while the BB browser has made a huge jump (i def. noticed an improvement with .122/.131 hybrid) Opera still destroys BB browser, the only pain in the *** thing is that on sites with lots of pictures, it renders only so much before every picture is just a colored block which annoys me to no end.
    04-21-09 11:52 AM
    Never going to happen...ever lol blame Apple.

And while the BB browser has made a huge jump (i def. noticed an improvement with .122/.131 hybrid) Opera still destroys BB browser, the only pain in the *** thing is that on sites with lots of pictures, it renders only so much before every picture is just a colored block which annoys me to no end.
    I think there's a chance if Jobs retires for real, but I told her it could be awhile haha.

As far as too many pix in opera..I hate that bug/quirk. One of the few things that I grumble about.

04-21-09 12:00 PM
    To minimize the color blocks, you have to use low image quality.. hopefully when the new update comes out, that bug will be fixed.
    04-21-09 01:50 PM
    Opera has zero typing lag and overall faster browsing. BB browser is worthless

04-21-09 02:17 PM
    The BB Browser still BLOWS when handling JavaScript so I keep Opera on hand for those JS intensive sites. I disable JS by default in the BB Browser tho because of the mega performance hit.
    04-21-09 02:23 PM
    I don't see it as faster than Opera. It renders better and it alot more functional for me seeing as how it uses the screen click, but then again I never really like Opera. Doesn't work too great on the Storm right now.
    04-21-09 03:19 PM
    How can you guys seriously use Opera without a Storm-specific version? I found it painful. Otherwise I'd use it exclusively [also my favorite desktop browser].

-Eric
    04-26-09 09:34 PM
    Regardless how fast or good BB Browser becomes, it is always good to have a second browser. Often time I get to site one lags while the other one works fine.
    04-26-09 11:34 PM
    There are some sites that I cannot log into with BB Browser. Opera is the only one that I have been able to use that will alow me to log into every site I visit. So When I need to access those sites I use Opera, otherwise I use BBB.
    04-26-09 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD