And holy cow... This browser is faster than the stock Droid Browser. I am very impressed... Crackberry.com (NOT THE MOBILE VERSION) Loaded up almost INSTANTLY on my phone. Faster than the Droid and WAY faster than the regular bb browser...
    01-09-10 02:33 PM
    Have you tried the version 5 beta 2? It's smoking fast and works great with the Storm's touch screen. It now automatically pops up your keyboard when your in a text entering field.
    01-09-10 02:40 PM
    5.2 needs a little work for the s2, but it's nice!!
    01-09-10 02:45 PM
    i agree. i like it a lot. however still needs a little bit of work.

anyone figured out how to get out of mulitap in potrait?
    01-09-10 03:00 PM
    I just dumped the beta. Too night and it kept crashing my phone. I have it a shot for two monta but I'm back to 4.2 Kinds got spoiled with that beta when it worked right though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 03:16 PM
    Just curious as to what have you all noticed with 5 beta 2. I have been using it for weeks now and it absolutely destroys the other browsers... In my humble opinion anyways.
    01-09-10 04:45 PM
    @Slc: We'll see when the Torch browser comes out (come on RIM... work faster! )
    01-09-10 04:54 PM
    I was using opera 4 for a month and recently switched to opera mini 5, let me tell you that it only crashed once but its wayy better than opera 4. Browsing is much easier and wit tab browsing, it makes the whole experience worthy. I would recommended it to everyone with a 9550!

01-09-10 04:56 PM
    paulude good that you mentioned tabbed browsing, I was about to ask... how many tabs open can Opera handle before crashing or slowing down the device?
    01-09-10 04:58 PM
    @Slc: We'll see when the Torch browser comes out (come on RIM... work faster! )
    I've got 10 tabs open with no crashing Although it is not easy selecting tabs! Also, I really cannot describe how excited I am for the new browser. My gut tells me it will be amazing!
    01-09-10 05:14 PM
    I'll try Opera right now... will report back soon
    01-09-10 05:15 PM
    Anyone have the direct link to the OTA download? Opera mobile website doesn't recognize my BlackBerry despite having BlackBerry set as the browser type (not Firefox/IE).
    01-09-10 05:23 PM
    Just downloaded 5.0 beta 2 last night. Holy crap! Soooo much better. I love how u just touch an area of a page and it zooms in perfectly for you to read ... Very nice! And VERY fast... Especially on WiFi....

01-09-10 06:08 PM
    love Opera 5...had to download it after seeing my brother in law's iPhone native browser kick the crap out of the BB native browser.

01-09-10 06:20 PM
    Anyone have the direct link to the OTA download? Opera mobile website doesn't recognize my BlackBerry despite having BlackBerry set as the browser type (not Firefox/IE).
    I downloaded here:

http://m.opera.com/

That takes me straight to a page that says

Opera Mini 4.2

Your phone model was detected as BlackBerry - 9550.
    Bla, bla, bla...

2 or 3 links down the page is the link to get teh new Mini 5 beta.
    01-09-10 06:20 PM
    See I have the 9520 and it doesn't recognize it. My browser configuration is fine, Opera just don't have the 9520 in their records.

Can you send me the link? Use Cursor Mode to highlight the link and BlackBerry button to choose Link Address. Thanks a bunch!
    01-09-10 06:24 PM
    01-09-10 07:02 PM
    i have to be honest. I didnt think either of them was that great.

opera 4 whatever- when you touch most links it didnt take you there right away. Almost like you had to touch the link in just the right spot. No zoom either so you really have to make sure you touch the right link like if you are in a forum or something. Sure its fast but frustrating that the touch takes a few touches to work which negates the speed thing.

opera 5 beta- junk. Froze up most of the hour I had it before I deleted it

I think I am going to stick with the native browser for now. While its a little bit slow at least it works. And besides. Whats my rush????
    01-11-10 11:27 AM
    Does the newest version finally enable the Storm click?--I hate it when I just put my finger on a link and it goes there. If I wanted that I could have bought a iPhone.
    01-11-10 11:41 AM
    seems to zoom pretty easily for me without hitting links I don't want to. My problem right now is the overlaying of title text and the text in the subtitles. For instance in cberry the post title and op information is overlaying each other. Anyone else with this issue?

01-11-10 12:22 PM
    seems to zoom pretty easily for me without hitting links I don't want to. My problem right now is the overlaying of title text and the text in the subtitles. For instance in cberry the post title and op information is overlaying each other. Anyone else with this issue?
    Yes, I see this often. Sometimes the display is not 100% perfect; But don't great loading times make up for that

It was a bit tricky at first, especially with the "no click" ui. I think once you are used to it, you will find yourself using it more, especially for certain web sites
    01-11-10 03:33 PM
    opera 5 beta- junk. Froze up most of the hour I had it before I deleted it
    I had the same problem. Add into it the fact that it wouldn't sync with myopera bookmarks and I was severely unimpressed. I know it's a beta, but at the same time, I want something that works most of the time.

Does beta 2 sync with myopera? What I mean is - if I bookmark something on my laptop will I be able to access the bookmark on my BB and vice versa? That's the main reason I became a HUGE Opera fan.
    01-11-10 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD