Hi,

Is there any advantage in haveing jivetalk instead of using the Im apps from bb website? Was jivetalk more used b4 indivual Im apps where available?

Also, do u guys prefer jivetalk or im+?

Thank u

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 04:53 PM
    i only use aim
    cuz i only got aim
    so no need for jive
    11-16-08 05:24 PM
    If I were using more than one IM program, I would use one of the apps that allow you use more than one IM app to save memory.

11-16-08 05:39 PM
    I used Jivetalk pretty much bc I use more then one IM client.
    I also use it bc with VZW IMing with their separate IM apps comes out of my text messaging...jivetalk it doesnt come out of my texting plan.

I havent used any of the other IM apps so cant help on which I prefer.
    11-16-08 06:22 PM
    If you use more than one IM app, JiveTalk will be an advantage because you only have to have ONE program running to use all the IM apps.

Without JiveTalk, if you use AIM, GoogleTalk, Messanger, etc., you'd have to have each application running in the background which will slow your BB down and use more of your system resources.
    11-16-08 06:26 PM
    jivetalk is nice cause even if you have multiple AIM names you can have them all logged on at once, not to mention the other IM clients it supports as well. It is the best interface that is closest to what you would use on your computer. It is well worth the money spent, and is probly the most used app on my curve and soon to be Storm
    11-16-08 07:45 PM
    JiveTalk is what I use and its worth every penny.
    11-16-08 10:44 PM
    Wow, very convincing arguements... I'm going to give jivetalk a try... Since I use than 1 Im and more than 1 sn...also want to reserve bb resources and battery ... Msg is not an issue I have unlmted w/ sprint

Thanks

11-16-08 11:58 PM
    I've been enjoying Instango, great free app to manage multiple IM accounts. Also more often than not inquiries get a super fast response from the developer.
    11-17-08 08:42 AM
    What tekwarren said about instango is correct.. I have also been playing around with that and it is a free im client so its a pretty good deal... mines been up and running for 4 days straight now without any problems and I am using the beta version.
    11-17-08 09:41 AM
    BeeJive(aka JiveTalk) all the way!
    11-17-08 10:26 AM
    I pay $30 a month for unlimited text on 4 phone lines. I also purchased Jivetalk. I use both yahoo and msn messenger and Jivetalk makes that so much easier when talking to multiple people. It is also much more user friendly than those two (specifically msn). I would not think twice about getting Jivetalk.
    11-17-08 10:42 AM
    Did u guys but the $20 Jivetalk or the $30?

Thanks
    11-19-08 11:16 PM
    I have the $30 dollar JiveTalk.

11-19-08 11:44 PM
    I have BeeJive on my Pearl and rarely use it. Never bought it for
    my Curve as IMO it is wholly unnecessary.

I use AIM and Yahoo and have both on my phone. I generally do
    not have multiple conversations going at once (I prefer to give
    whomever I am talking to my undivided attention), so to me it is
    completely useless. No sense in paying for something I can
    accomplish with a simple, free download.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-19-08 at 11:55 PM.
    11-19-08 11:52 PM
    I use jivetalk but lately have been noticing a lot of lag time during conversations; also it has difficulty logging me on at the first try.
    I love this app as others have mentioned because of the multiple IM capability.

11-19-08 11:58 PM
    Instango is the way to go

It's free and is supports Multiple IM Clients, it even allows you to have multiple accounts with the same client, i.e. you could have several hotmail accounts and you can have all of them running at the same time!

I'm really happy with Instango, been using the official release for 1 week now, no problems whatsoever.

You can use 3G or Wifi as a carrier so if you're worried about going over your data bundle then simply switch to Wifi if you can access one.

Lastly, It's got a Timer and Data monitor which allows you to see how many kilo/mega bytes you have used sinced you signed on.

Pretty impressive from a software that's free!
    11-20-08 04:12 AM
    I used instango with my wm moto q9c b4 I got my curve and it was ok... The only problem I had that sometimes it would say my I'm was sent but it wasn't... Also would log me off+i wouldn't noe until trying2im.... Have experienced that? Maybe it was moto's fault...

11-20-08 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD