beejive :: JiveTalk mobile messaging

JiveTalk™ for BlackBerry� 1.0.3 Now Available!

JiveTalk™ Key Benefits:
    •Desktop-like instant messaging to all of your IM buddies from a single intuitive user interface •Save on your text messaging plan - JiveTalk™ uses your existing data plan, no per-message charges •Reliable and efficient networking - you can be connected 24/7, and it's gentle on your battery

JiveTalk™ for BlackBerry Features:
    •Multiple IM networks, multiple accounts per network: AIM�/iChat, MSN�, Yahoo!�, GoogleTalk�, ICQ�, Jabber, and MySpace IM •Automatically reconnects in case of data service disruption, including phone calls, loss of cell coverage •Real-time chats, quick switch between multiple simultaneous chats, intuitive chat interface:
    - customizable chat skins, emoticons
    - click to browse, call, send an email or PIN message directly from the chat screen
    - full Unicode support, chat in any language supported by your BlackBerry�
    •Manage your buddy-list, including add/remove, nicknames, groups, block, approve/deny requests •Control your own availability, set auto-away and custom status messages, be invisible, change privacy controls •Configurable alerts, fully integrates with your BlackBerry� alerts profiles:
    - customizable sound, vibrate, and LED settings, optional global popup on new messages
    - buddy pounce alerts you when specific buddies come online
    •File transfers - send or receive files directly from your BlackBerry (8100/8300/8800 Series only), currently supports transfers on AIM� and MSN�. •Conversation history - view or email past chats •Full 128-bit encryption of all over-the-air data transmission •Automatically detects best network transport option, supports BES/MDS, BIS-B, and Direct TCP.

New Features:

- MySpace IM Support. All basic IM functions are supported except for blocking. As MySpace IM itself is still in beta, this service may experience issues from time to time.

- Buddy Icon Support for AIM (4.2 OS only, requires MicroSD card). Ability to view buddy icons and set one's own buddy icon. Buddy icons are stored on expansion memory (MicroSD). Supports automatic resizing and re-formating of pictures or images to be compatible with AIM's buddy icon requirements. Additional preference to enable/disable downloading and display of buddy icons.

- Fixed "Timeout" error for auto-away.

- A few UI optimizations, including adding Buddy Info menu item to chat screen
    Last edited by flash24; 11-12-07 at 10:36 AM.
    11-12-07 02:16 AM
    So what are the new features?
    11-12-07 09:20 AM
    ...eh, MySpace IM? I'm still trying to download it now but what would actually have been a useful feature for JiveTalk would have been an alert at the top of your home screen for new IMs next to your emails and SMS alerts...
    11-12-07 09:28 AM
    New Features:

- MySpace IM Support. All basic IM functions are supported except for blocking. As MySpace IM itself is still in beta, this service may experience issues from time to time.

- Buddy Icon Support for AIM (4.2 OS only, requires MicroSD card). Ability to view buddy icons and set one's own buddy icon. Buddy icons are stored on expansion memory (MicroSD). Supports automatic resizing and re-formating of pictures or images to be compatible with AIM's buddy icon requirements. Additional preference to enable/disable downloading and display of buddy icons.

- Fixed "Timeout" error for auto-away.

- A few UI optimizations, including adding Buddy Info menu item to chat screen
    11-12-07 10:35 AM
    Installation works OK, but my bberry hangs when JT 1.03 is asking for file connection to my SM card ... Have to power off and on, then receive a Java exception message . Not sure if the BES attached to the bberry has some sort of policy on the SM card and/or file transfers , or just a bug in JT 1.03.. Anybody else experience this ?? I might need to revert to 1.02 if I can't figure out the answer ..:
    11-14-07 09:00 AM
    after install, Start Jivetalk and before logging into any account select the menu key then "Clear All Buddy Icons". that should do the trick. The setup should work fine after that.

Cheers
    11-14-07 09:16 AM
    No such option under preferences .. I'll email BeeJive and see what's up from their pov .. Thanks
    11-15-07 07:30 PM
    im using 1.03 and am having no problems. i love this IM client.
    11-16-07 08:50 AM
    i've had JT 1.3 installed and running fine since it came out ... i have noticed that the bubbles are slimmer .... and i love the buddy icon feature now ... just wish i could see when they were typing
    11-16-07 08:56 AM
    No such option under preferences .. I'll email BeeJive and see what's up from their pov .. Thanks
    Not in Preferences, 4 below.

Add Account
    Expand
    Preferences
    Delete All
    View Log
    Ping Server
    Clear All Buddy Icons <-----
    etc....
    11-16-07 10:44 AM
    After "Ping Server" , all I have is "About Jivetalk" , Force Shutdown, Help and Close ..almost like it's a 1.02 menu ...
    11-16-07 11:37 AM
    Reinstalled by using bberry browser to beejive site . Reinstalled . No problems for 24+ hours ... Looks like a keeper ..
    11-17-07 12:43 PM
    I love it as I have before. Seems like Myspace has some kinks to work out though. I would dig notifications up top too. Perhaps someday all our dreams will come true.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-07 02:09 PM
    Hello - was wondering if anyone had any valid coupon codes. I love Jivetalk but I hate to pay $30 for it. All of the old coupon phones no longer work!
    11-19-07 11:24 AM
    I am pretty new to this whole blackberry world, but I'm gonna have to say that this is my new favorite App!! I had no problems getting it to my phone or using it, it is great! well worth the money!!
    11-19-07 06:18 PM
    I installed it but I can't get in to preferences. I get an error "class Java.lang.IllegalArgumentException, Invaid Transport Type: BIS" (YES, IT READS INVAID INSTEAD OF INVALID :/ )

Another issue - If I'm on WIFI, I'm unable to login to my sessions. I get "Data Network coverage unavailable, please try again later". If I sign on while on EDGE then go into WIFI, everything works OK. I guess it doesn't recognize WIFI as a valid data network...

How do I remove it completely?
    11-20-07 09:43 AM
    I have found both 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 unreliable in coming out of 'away' mode (one MSN/Widows Live account) after being left idle or being holstered. I tried changing the 'battery save' mode too. Didn't help.

I guess the free eval had saved me some money ;-) I won't be buying this. YMMV
    11-20-07 10:02 AM
    Hi I have a new pearl 8130 for sprint and I was wondering how do I install this on my blackberry? Plz send me a PM explaining how.
    11-24-07 10:14 AM
    Head to beejive :: JiveTalk mobile messaging and follow the instructions there - should be good to go.
    11-24-07 10:18 AM
    Does jivetalk use up your text messages? I'm on T-mobile here in the U.S., and I was wondering if this only uses up messages on the data account. If so, then there's no need for me to really have unlimited texting is there??
    11-25-07 02:34 PM
    Does jivetalk use up your text messages? I'm on T-mobile here in the U.S., and I was wondering if this only uses up messages on the data account. If so, then there's no need for me to really have unlimited texting is there??
    No, jivetalk uses data from your data plan. There is no per message fee.
    11-25-07 02:50 PM
    Hi,
    i'm currectly using a 8320 curve and was wondering if there is any way to use jivetalk on wifi so it doesn't take it from data...
    thanks!
    11-27-07 06:40 PM
    Man i keep getting a 503 error through myspace. My Yahoo and MSn work great though.
    12-05-07 08:12 AM
    drop the Myspace...
    12-05-07 10:02 AM
    drop the Myspace...
    WHY? love my myspace.
    12-05-07 10:21 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD