Ok so im thinking of getting a blackberry curve like the new one..The one from sprint,the 8530. Im wondering if there is like a "jailbreak" for lack of a better word for this phone..So i can get the apps and dont have to pay for them.I hear you have to pay for them all almost and i have the hero now and i have LOTS of free apps..

Do both these phones have pretty much the same apps? How is this curve phone?I had the pearl like 2 years ago and i liked it..It was cool.
    05-28-10 04:35 AM
    There are plenty of free apps to be had. Discussion about getting paid apps for free is likely to get you banned in this forum. Really good apps sometimes cost money. Pay up or use any of the free ones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 05:31 AM
    No, there's no such term as jail breaking for a BlackBerry. That's an iPhone term. There's also no way to steal apps. i suggest, knowing you'll be paying for apps, that you consider that before getting your BlackBerry. The developers put a lot of time and effort into their apps. If you can't afford the price, just don't buy the app.

As stated above, there's many free apps available. Poynt and Slacker are two examples of good free apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 05:33 AM
    Agreed.

I payed ~$6 for Berry Buzz, $5 for Quick Launch, and $9.99 for PodTrapper. And I am glad I did on all of these. My Berry experience wouldn't be the same without them.
    05-28-10 08:32 AM
    Ok so im thinking of getting a blackberry curve like the new one..The one from sprint,the 8530. Im wondering if there is like a "jailbreak" for lack of a better word for this phone..So i can get the apps and dont have to pay for them.I hear you have to pay for them all almost and i have the hero now and i have LOTS of free apps..

Do both these phones have pretty much the same apps? How is this curve phone?I had the pearl like 2 years ago and i liked it..It was cool.
    If you can't afford to pay for a few apps, you probably should not be getting a smartphone. This is not intended to be a negative comment, just reality.
    05-28-10 09:31 AM
    Hey I'm thinking about buying a new car. If I do, is there any way to get free gas?
    pcotton and m.c moon like this.
    05-28-10 10:07 AM

When it comes to topics of this nature, I would suggest you take the conversation offline. Theres too many "Goody good two shoes" that will bash you for something of this nature.
    05-28-10 10:14 AM
    It's not necessarily that we are debating the morality of it, but it is against CrackBerry TOS. Which is why i'll now close this thread. Question has been asked and suggestions given.

Crackberry.com has a stellar reputation among the BlackBerry applications developer community and wish not to have that reputation tarnished in any way. Continuing to seek illegal means to access software and avoid paying the legal and legitimate fees application developers charge for their work will result in your account being banned permanently.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/

Keep it Legal
    No posting of Warez in the forums, such as links to download warez, instructions on "cracking" software, or "workarounds" that enable people to utilize for-pay services without paying. Posting this kind of content can result in an immediate and permanent ban. These kinds of activities can get CrackBerry.com in trouble, and nobody wants that, so just don't do it.
    05-28-10 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD