I've only had a BlackBerry since early July of this year but I've finally come to the conclusion that Roxio's Media Manager that is bundled with the main application is a buggy POS! The program only seems to open the first time after I've first installed it, if I try to open it up again after that...forget it...it won't open! I'm always having to uninstall and reinstall to be able to use it. I'm now officially taking it off my computer. Why is RIM using this crappy software?
    12-06-08 01:46 AM
    Do not know why RIM uses Roxio. It is awful.
    12-06-08 01:54 AM
    Yup it is crap, I downloaded my OS without it, I just make my own ringtones and move them over manually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 02:25 AM
    yupz roxio is not good.. On my mac I have been using missing sync which works good for syncing my music..

however on the pc I really have nothing for it.

To be honest most the time I just drag and drop into the folder instead of syncing it haha
    12-06-08 03:25 AM
    well it took me a while to figure that out after using my mass media storage... thumbs down to roxio
    12-06-08 04:59 AM
    Roxio is not my favorite either. However it is currently the only way to access Device Memory from your PC.

I run the version of Desktop Manager without media manager and use Mass Media Mode to access the Media Card. Access to Device Memory must then be done only from the phone via thr Media app and then press Menu and select Explore. This gives a basic file manager capability for moving files around (one at a time I am afraid).

There are several 3rd party file managers around and a search of either the CB app store or google will show these up.

I am working on a way of accessing Device Memory from within my own program but so far have had no success.

Roxio make some of the most horrible software that I have ever used. I think that they came from Apple and just ported to the PC. If so, that's why.
    12-06-08 05:22 AM
    Thanks for the tip Pete. Good Stuff.
    12-06-08 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD