I just started using this app since I couldn't get Photobucket from App World in my side of the world. Too bad. It's good though I don't have a lot of pictures uploaded yet. To other users, better get your files saved before June 29.

Dear iTook User:

iTookThisOnMyPhone has operated our unique service for the last four years as a free service. At this time we are discontinuing the service effective immediately. You will no longer be able to post images or download the application from the various App stores to your device.

You will be able to download your photos from your iTook webpage by logging into the system with your username and password. Go into each Album and select Download Album to download your photos to a local computer. You have until June 29th to retrieve your images. Go to Welcome to iTookThisOnMyPhone.com - Automatic Wireless Photo Upload and login to download your images or risk losing them.

If you do not download your photos prior to June 29th, they may still be available by contacting support after that time, however, per our terms of service there is no guarantee they will be available indefinitely. All photos will be permanently destroyed on July 15th. No information will be sold or copied.

If you do not know your password, enter any username and press go on the home screen. This will take you to a page where you can request your username and password.

We appreciate your support and use of this product. We look forward to serving you in the future.
    Sincerely,

iTookThisOnMyPhone Support
    06-13-11 08:29 AM
    Good to know for folks who used it! I don't, but I popped in here to say that the Photobucket app kinda sucks, anyway. It auto-launches, stays resident in the background, and doesn't provide any great functionality over the mobile site. Support was vague and rude when I asked them to resolve the issue. They gave me instructions on how to close the app down (which I know how to do, thank you very much!), and sent me a final e-mail saying "Thanks, we now consider your issue resolved." Nice.

Anyhoo, use the e-mail feature and mobile site for Photobucket and skip the app.
    06-13-11 08:43 AM
    Thanks rrrebo for the feedback on Photobucket. I'm looking for an app that would make uploading pictures and sharing them easier. A lot of users over at the BB screenshot threads recommended Photobucket. I didn't know about the email feature though, will have to look into that.
    06-13-11 08:52 AM
    I use Photobucket Mobile and am pleased with it. It is true that it remains open unless you close it. Not a big issue for me. It is easy to upload images and if you post images to threads on CB it is super easy to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 10:20 AM
    I will miss it's ease of use for uploading pictures to multiple services "automatically"
    06-13-11 01:05 PM
    I received that same email last night. I wonder why there was no explanation.
    I would be willing to pay for the ease of their automatic uploads.
    06-13-11 01:15 PM
    I have used this app for almost 2 years and really appreciate its simplicity. I wish the company was more forth coming with information, but it looks as though that wish will not be fulfilled.

I am taking suggestions as to a replacement application for my 9650.
    06-13-11 09:06 PM
    I have used this app for almost 2 years and really appreciate its simplicity. I wish the company was more forth coming with information, but it looks as though that wish will not be fulfilled.

I am taking suggestions as to a replacement application for my 9650.
    I do not use a blackberry anymore but I too just got that email last night I just finished downloading the albums which is very easy to do. As far as photobucket atleast on android and iphone it work well it is no longer called photobucket on iphone and maybe on other devices as well but I dont know for sure. It is called snapbucket on the iphone.

Besides that I use an app that will do a mass upload of pictures to facebook so you may want to look for something that can do that on the blackberry platform.
    06-14-11 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD