Hi all,

Some strange going ons with my Bold and these 2 installed programs. Right well originally i had the demo of peek a who but i deleted it and installed the full version ie bought it. With vibe and ring i never installed the trial version..just went ahead and bought the full version.

Anyways i got the email to download them so off i went to download them...installed both and did a battery pull. Once the Bold had re-started i then set them both up to the way i wanted..so far so good i thought.

Now on my Bold i have the green blinking led notification on for coverage purposes and plus i kinda like it flashing away. But ive noticed that after a few mins when the screen goes off the green led stops blinking...if i wake the phone up it doesnt start up...unless i get a text or bb messenger alert but then it will stop after a few mins. So i did a few battery pulls and it still doesnt solve it. Now what i have done is taken both of them off ie un-installed them and the phone led blinks as normal even if the screen goes off. So i then re-installed peek a who and monitored it...sure enough after a few mins it stops...so i took it off and tried vibe and ring and it does the same thing.

So at the moment im at a loss...ive done a few batt pulls and it doesnt seem to solve the problem. Right now the phone led works as it should but i havent got any of those 2 programs running. The only thing i can think of is a handheld wipe but i really dont want to do that unless its absolutely necessary...so i was wondering has anyone had this problem as well and if so how did they fix it??.

Any help would be appreciated
    12-12-08 04:29 PM
    I do have both of these apps on my Bold and never had a problem. However, I do not keep the green LED coverage light blinking all the time. Maybe try shutting off the coverage LED and then do a battery pull to see what happens.
    12-12-08 04:42 PM
    Hi all,

Some strange going ons with my Bold and these 2 installed programs. Right well originally i had the demo of peek a who but i deleted it and installed the full version ie bought it. With vibe and ring i never installed the trial version..just went ahead and bought the full version.

Anyways i got the email to download them so off i went to download them...installed both and did a battery pull. Once the Bold had re-started i then set them both up to the way i wanted..so far so good i thought.

Now on my Bold i have the green blinking led notification on for coverage purposes and plus i kinda like it flashing away. But ive noticed that after a few mins when the screen goes off the green led stops blinking...if i wake the phone up it doesnt start up...unless i get a text or bb messenger alert but then it will stop after a few mins. So i did a few battery pulls and it still doesnt solve it. Now what i have done is taken both of them off ie un-installed them and the phone led blinks as normal even if the screen goes off. So i then re-installed peek a who and monitored it...sure enough after a few mins it stops...so i took it off and tried vibe and ring and it does the same thing.

So at the moment im at a loss...ive done a few batt pulls and it doesnt seem to solve the problem. Right now the phone led works as it should but i havent got any of those 2 programs running. The only thing i can think of is a handheld wipe but i really dont want to do that unless its absolutely necessary...so i was wondering has anyone had this problem as well and if so how did they fix it??.

Any help would be appreciated

In peekalab, did you uncheck the led timer part? I dont have a bold, but on my curve, I have that option checked, so the led will turn off after 3 or 4 mins, which might be triggering your led coverage to turn off too.
    12-12-08 04:47 PM
    In peekalab, did you uncheck the led timer part? I dont have a bold, but on my curve, I have that option checked, so the led will turn off after 3 or 4 mins, which might be triggering your led coverage to turn off too.
    Ill give that a try and see how it goes...

Ok ill tried it and it didnt seem to work...it works ie the led but then goes off...and then comes back on when i get a sms text or something but it still goes off..

Hmmm well looks like im gonna have to do a handheld wipe and start from scratch...just have to backup my data then ill be good to go...really didnt want to do that.
    Last edited by Spawn12; 12-12-08 at 05:34 PM.
    12-12-08 05:32 PM
    Why do you think a wipe is going to help it, it works fine without the app installed yes? so Im thinking even when you wipe and put peek back on, it will do it again.

Are all the permissions for both apps set to "Allow"
    12-12-08 05:36 PM
    Why do you think a wipe is going to help it, it works fine without the app installed yes? so Im thinking even when you wipe and put peek back on, it will do it again.

Are all the permissions for both apps set to "Allow"

LOL your probably right there...dunno thinking maybe a wipe will possibly fix it ie maybe somethings gone wrong in the settings etc.

At the mo i only have peek a who installed and yes all permissions are set to allow
    12-12-08 05:45 PM
    Well, IMO.. just keep the LED coverage off, and then the apps work yes? LOL
    12-12-08 05:56 PM
    Well, IMO.. just keep the LED coverage off, and then the apps work yes? LOL
    Apps work whether its on or off...
    12-12-08 05:59 PM
    Yeh, keep the LED off LOL
    12-12-08 06:01 PM
    Actually the funny thing is that when i had the trial version...the led notification worked perfectly fine but when i upgraded to the full version thats when the problems started.

Anyways i took off peek a who and installed vibe and ring and the led notification works perfectly fine....so its definitely a problem with peek a who...just find it strange that it worked fine with the trial version....unless both programs arent compatible with each other.

Gonna try installing peek a who now and see what happens.

Edit: Yup looks like peek a who is the culprit causing the problem......the led notification no longer works.
    Last edited by Spawn12; 12-12-08 at 07:45 PM.
    12-12-08 07:33 PM
    Im gonna PM you.
    12-12-08 07:58 PM
    I have found support very helpful. Why don't u send them your issue and see what they say. Be sure to tell them it worked during your trial. You can find the link for support in the menu of the app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 10:49 PM
    Well i suppose i could try that...wont hurt i guess.

Thanks
    12-13-08 07:27 AM
    Got your PM

boo! LOL
    12-13-08 07:53 AM
    Got your PM

boo! LOL

LOL i know, it sucks but it just doesnt want to play ball. I mean i could turn the coverage led off but i kinda like it and it lets me know that i have coverage without having to look at the screen.

Im going to email the support people for peekawho and see what they have to say regarding my issue...see if they can come up with some solution becuase i do like the program plus it gives me a pop up for both sms and email without having to go into the folders so i can read what the person has sent.

But Rachel thanks for the help..really appreciate it
    12-13-08 08:10 AM
    Did you try aerize? it has pop ups for SMS and emails also, I dont beleive it has LED attached so it may leave it alone, and you can still use your BBAlerts with it.
    12-13-08 08:15 AM
    Did you try aerize? it has pop ups for SMS and emails also, I dont beleive it has LED attached so it may leave it alone, and you can still use your BBAlerts with it.
    Haha funnily enough Rachel...i was looking at that before i decided to buy peekawho...and i decided to go with peekawho because of the led notification option it gives.

But i did install a trial of it and it looked ok...so might install it again and see how it works with my Bold.

Mind you $10 for peekawho isnt too bad so im not that angry...converted into UK pounds its only a few pounds for me so its not like ive lost alot of money on the program.

Still waiting on peekawho to get back to me regarding the led issue.
    12-13-08 10:44 AM
    You have BBA now so either way, led alerts..

They havnt been too great with CS (support) this week, they havnt even responded to that thread lower down with the 1171 release, so who knows.
    12-13-08 10:52 AM
    You have BBA now so either way, led alerts..

They havnt been too great with CS (support) this week, they havnt even responded to that thread lower down with the 1171 release, so who knows.
    Well as i said in my pm to you, peekawho now works...the led notification has stopped working and i re-installed the program a few hrs ago.

So im a happy bunny at the moment...i just hope it keeps working lol. Ive taken off BBAlerts for the time being and just have vine and ring and peekawho running and all is well...fingres crossed.

I did send them an email, but as of yet no reply..
    12-13-08 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD