Yesterday I noticed on the Blackberry India home page in the whats new section they have added blackberry app world. However when i try to download the application i get the message saying "system requirement not met". I have upgraded the firmware on the phone through the Desktop Manager. (v4.7.1.57 (platform 4.1.0.70))
    Please help I use an unlocked BB Tour (Sprint) on the Vodafone India network.
    Also everytime i try logging onto google maps it says login failed. The GPS on the BB Maps doesnt work either. Have I missed out something in the settings?
    10-30-09 02:08 AM
    Do you have a blackberry specific data plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 04:21 AM
    Yes, does your Browser function?

Also, have you ever downloaded any apps OTA?
    (OTA = Over The Air, ie directly downloaded to your device via your browser)
    I assume that's how you have Google Maps, right?

10-30-09 04:49 AM
    I have the unlimited data plan.
    I have downloaded apps through the crackberry app store via the browser.
    10-30-09 06:02 AM
    However this phone has not been officially released in India yet ... but I dont think that is the reason for BB App world not to work is it?
    10-30-09 06:04 AM
    It could be. Most people don't realize, but App World is customized by each carrier for each device.
    With a few exceptions, when you open App World (if you have it) you won't see apps that aren't for your area, or aren't for your device.

For example, my wife and I both have BBs on Telus here in Canada. I have a 9630 and she has a 8330. Opening up App World on each of our devices will NOT show all of the same apps.

Likewise, we cannot see apps that are available in USA bot not Canada, such as Where and Pandora.

Your solution is to call your carrier, tell them you have an unlocked 9630, tell them you understand App World is now supported in India, and ask why you can't access it.

10-30-09 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD