Hi,

I'm using the $10 t-mobile web2go data plan on my bb 9780. I understand that I won't get FULL blackberry functionality with this data plan. However, I AM able to do everything I need. A couple of features that require data that I use on my bb are:

-Email (I use a service called Shangmail, which pushes my email directly to my bb's native email client.)
    -IM (I use BeejiveIM for this)
    -Web browsing (the native OS6 browser works flawlessly even without BIS)
    -Google maps

I have poor reception at my apartment so I rely on the Blackberry's UMA feature. While connected to my wifi, I am able to call, text, use the internet and everything... BUT, when leave my apartment's wifi connection, most of my web apps stop working, such as email, beejive, and google maps. Interestingly enough, the native browser still works perfectly fine. If I do a battery pull, then all of these apps start working again. They will work again until I get connect back to my wifi connection, which at that point, the same thing happens and I need to do another battery pull to get my apps working again.

So my question is, does anyone know why this happens or how I might be able to fix this problem? I know part of the reason has to do with my generic data plan, but they seem to work perfectly fine until I switch from my 3g connection to UMA on wifi, or vice versa. If anyone has any insight on this, I would greatly appreciate it if you can explain why this happens.

Thanks in advance!
    02-03-11 09:11 PM
    Do you leave your Data Services always ON? If not, then I can see why those apps would not work once you leave your apartment.

Sorry if I wasn't much help.. cause I have a full data plan and I've never turn mine off even when I'm on wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-11 09:53 PM
    No need to apologize. Yes, my data services is always on. I leave my mobile network connection and wifi connection on at all times because I frequently switch between my mobile network and UMA network.
    02-03-11 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD