Yeah for some reason I couldn't use alt+scroll to scroll faster like I normally can. It took forever.

BGR is reporting some other features not mentioned in this thread:

BlackBerry App World 1.1.0.11 now available : Boy Genius Report

If you go to "My World" and hit the BB button while highlighting an app you have installed, you can "archive" it. This saves it to a media card for reinstall later without download.
    07-31-09 01:51 PM
    Overall, happy with the new App World. All my previous applications that I have bought/downloaded are listed there, along with the ones that had disappeared on me in the old version.

Love the addition of top 25 paid/free apps. Not sure if it's just me, but it feels faster and I don't have it hogging up memory like it used to. Overall, good update, but not where I'd like it to be at. Needs more work still to catch up to the Apple App Store.
    07-31-09 04:55 PM
    Yeah the Top Free/Paid is cool but just a small part of what's really missing: decent search ability.

Where's the ability to sort by rating, release date, # of downloads, etc.? With a CHECKBOX to "list only free" or "list only paid" apps.

That doesn't seem too complicated to me - not sure why it's not possible by now.

Baby steps though. Better than nothing or even going backwards I guess.
    07-31-09 06:32 PM
    Yeah for some reason I couldn't use alt+scroll to scroll faster like I normally can. It took forever.

BGR is reporting some other features not mentioned in this thread:

BlackBerry App World 1.1.0.11 now available : Boy Genius Report

If you go to "My World" and hit the BB button while highlighting an app you have installed, you can "archive" it. This saves it to a media card for reinstall later without download.
    How do you load/install an "archive"? I just used BB FileScout to find what I archived, but didn't see anything stored.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 09:00 PM
    Does anyone have both the BB App World and CB App Store? Which one should I keep? I would like to free up app memory space.
    07-31-09 09:01 PM
    I have both. Doesn't take up too much space. I like having both because there are different deals at different times.
    07-31-09 09:05 PM
    Good point. I think that I will keep both for now.
    07-31-09 09:24 PM
    I have both. Doesn't take up too much space. I like having both because there are different deals at different times.
    X2 on that. Use both of them. BB app world is nice but doesn't have themes and such like Crackberry.

07-31-09 10:05 PM
    Any one know how to archive apps to the memory card? It only gives me the option to archive to device memory?

08-01-09 01:25 AM
    No idea on the archive thing. I think it saves it first to the internal device memory (on those devices that have a "built in" mem card) and then chooses external microSD failing that. I have not gotten this to work at all. This app world version keeps locking up, constant hourglasses, etc. Not too thrilled with this at the moment.
    08-01-09 08:31 AM
    So I deleted a dl'd app (advanced-delete-re boot) but the icon stayed and says archived. How do I get rid of all remnants

08-04-09 01:05 PM
    Never mind. I found it
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/dow...emoval-286051/

08-04-09 01:13 PM
    New app world is way faster than old one program actually works like a touch phone.
    08-04-09 01:22 PM
    Works like a charm!
    08-04-09 02:15 PM
    I love the new app store it is finally getting close to the iphone app store and way faster!
    08-04-09 06:25 PM
    Has a nasty memory leak me thinks..

08-04-09 06:57 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD