What the **** do Canadians know about building phone.
    I apologize on behalf of all the Americans who are embarrassed by this nasty, rude, low class, offensive and unnecessary comment.
    04-12-09 10:02 AM
    04-12-09 04:52 PM
    Thanks for the link matrix! I've been looking for a compass app inorder to install my satellite dish next week, why buy a compass when I can install a free app??!!! Appreciate it.

In defense of the original poster he asked if anyone knew of a app and if not if anyone had heard of one being created. No one gives two shi.ts whether or not YOU think its useful.

Again thank you matrix. Much appreciate!
    Last edited by luckyme911; 04-13-09 at 09:55 AM. Reason: mistype
    04-13-09 09:54 AM
    Why is it so difficult for people to understand that in order to have a compass app, you need to have your GPS activated? No smartphone available on the market today has hardware capable of sensing the Earth's magnetic field.

The GPS software that supposedly gives you your orientation in space is actually just telling you the direction you are moving. If you are not moving, the GPS will be unable to tell your orientation.

Several available apps tell you the direction you are moving using GPS. Google Maps and VZ Navigator are two very popular options.

It is incredible that some people are actually waiting for a Storm compass app -- which won't even work if the user is not moving -- to come out before installing a satellite dish. You can buy a compass at Wal-Mart for less than 7 USD.
    Last edited by mdude85; 04-13-09 at 11:12 AM.
    04-13-09 11:10 AM
    oh snap

10char
    04-13-09 11:30 AM
    And another thing. Why is BB coping all these apps? They should be thinking of new apps and try to stay ahead of apple. IMO

There lies your problem bucko. iPhone has been out for what... 3 years now, and storm what... going into it's 6-7th month....

Give it time, in order to stay ahead, you must catch up first...

BTW, I Love My Storm!!!!!!!!! , regardless of the fancy apps the iPhone has
    04-13-09 02:42 PM
    ya what markv said ^^^
    04-13-09 02:49 PM
    Ya but with all the smart people we have just here on Crackberry making themes, ringtone, wallpapers and having unofficial OS. We should start to look a head of the curve and have some of our own cool original apps.
    04-29-09 08:19 PM
    I seen the same commercial and i believe they should do what they can to stay ahead of the game. I mean yeah the iphone has been out for 3 yrs now but they still cant even send or receive mms.So in that matter the Storm is still better then the iphone Blackberry people just need to gain some ground and create more apps quicker.
    MMS will be in OS 3.0. Also, they copied the "Copy and Paste" feature the BB has. Companies will always steal from each other. It's like a rule physics that cannot be broken. It will always be.
    04-29-09 08:53 PM
    Compass shouldn't be that hard to develop, the gzone boulder that verizon carries has one on the front screen and that phone isn't nearly as advanced as the storm.
    04-30-09 10:21 AM
    Why is it so difficult for people to understand that in order to have a compass app, you need to have your GPS activated? No smartphone available on the market today has hardware capable of sensing the Earth's magnetic field.

The GPS software that supposedly gives you your orientation in space is actually just telling you the direction you are moving. If you are not moving, the GPS will be unable to tell your orientation.

It is incredible that some people are actually waiting for a Storm compass app -- which won't even work if the user is not moving -- to come out before installing a satellite dish. You can buy a compass at Wal-Mart for less than 7 USD.
    We have a compass in the works for the Storm. mdude85 is correct: part of our compass configuration and initialization involves capturing 2 different GPS points before we can establish North.

Coming Soon ...

It seems that some might think this kind of development is a bit frivolous and that perhaps our efforts would be better spent on more...ummm...'productive' pursuits. To that I say: Oh, well. For us, it's fun.
    Last edited by blueinc; 07-11-09 at 08:27 AM.
    07-10-09 09:28 AM
    We decided to do 2 versions: a �Lite� version with basic functionality for a low, low price and, in a couple of months, an �Enhanced� version with many more features.
    We released the Compass Lite today. Here�s the blurb:
    This wonderful 'Ancient Mariner' compass uses the built-in GPS in the device to show your line of travel, speed, latitude and longitude and where North is in relation to your heading. To establish a line of travel, you must be moving.

Available through our website and Mobihand.com

Enjoy!

B
    08-01-09 08:25 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD