I see iBerry that makes your blackberry look like an iPhone but are there any apps that makes the SMS texting have the appearance of the iphone?? Thanks!!
    09-02-09 09:42 AM
    JiveTalk will do just that, and provides several other options for the appearance of SMS texting....it's a great app, but it is not free.
    09-02-09 09:46 AM
    The iphone does that....
    09-02-09 10:48 AM
    if your just looking for "looks" empower SMS isn't a bad option. kinda pricey and its not threaded.

if you are looking for true threaded SMS, all messages by contact name, then you may want to look into bChat- not the prettiest, but i think its the best app- cheap (.99, works great, support is amazing)

if you can wait, OS 5.0 has threaded SMS built in so all of your texts will look like BBM5.0 with the chat bubbles and smileys and contact picture, its really great.
    09-02-09 11:03 AM
    The iphone does that....
    i lol'd
    09-02-09 11:14 AM
    are you willing to try the new beta OS with threaded sms in the same form as BBM 5.0? Or are you looking for something different?
    09-02-09 11:29 AM
    are you willing to try the new beta OS with threaded sms in the same form as BBM 5.0? Or are you looking for something different?
    Where do you get this Beta? Do you know what will I loose if I go with this beta OS?
    09-02-09 12:00 PM
    Where do you get this Beta? Do you know what will I loose if I go with this beta OS?
    (There is a BETA/Hybrid OS section below this section a little ways. )

For the 9630? Here is one link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-191-a-304165/

I have a Bold, so I can't say how this will work for you. I know BB App World doesn't work for any 5.0 OS. Some other Apps may not work. Most of mine do. It is not bug free, but there are work arounds to get some things right. ex browser... I probably wouldn't suggest any of these unofficial 5.0 beta's to Novice users, but if you have a little experience you should be fine.

I am quite happy with this OS so far. Threaded SMS is very nice.
    09-02-09 12:10 PM
    If i can speak my mind here a second

dont do it wait for the official release

Kiss Facebook Application bye-bye along with about 1/2 of the apps out there...
    09-02-09 02:01 PM
    Yes, RIM apps don't work with these 5.0 OS's. That also means App World. However, as you probably know, Facebook 1.7 is due very soon, with OS 5 compatibility. Maybe the Tour OS is different, I assure you, more than half my apps work. . I had about 30 Apps/launchers on my phone. App World, BerryBuzz, Speedtest, Signal Loc are the only Apps that aren't compatible for me. Not quite half.

I was very hesitant of loading this OS after trying 2 earlier 5.0 beta's. I am quite happy with this release on my Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 04:01 PM
    bubbles would be legit
    09-02-09 11:59 PM
    Last night I upgraded to the latest official .328 from VZ........still no bubbles in BBM5 as I had hoped. Yes the option is there for bubbles or stripes but even though it's "marked" for bubbles, it still shows in blue and white stripe form. Yes I have new smilies but I would much rather have the bubbles than the smilies........any ideas on what else I might try to get the bubbles?

Cindi
    10-26-09 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD