BB's aren't designed for these apps and that is why BB hasn't been in a hurry to correct it. BB is a "business" device. BB is finally realizing that other phones are starting to move in on their market and they need to spread their wings.
    So true. Since the iPhone came out it has been a consumer phone. Where as BBs have been targeted towards business people and have more recently been targeting the average consumer. I personally think that the good BB apps are great, and very useful.

Not gonna lie, the iPhone has some SICK apps, but we love our BlackBerries.
    10-18-09 01:57 AM
    The issue with RIM APIs has been mentioned elsewhere in the forums. Not only would a proper API make it easier for developers but the slicker and more consistent design would be nicer for customers too.
    +1. Seems to me like BB has the hardware pretty much where it needs to be. But, like has been stated repeatedly, the OS needs to be brought up to snuff. Especially:
    • Access to OpenGL API
    • Ability to use more than one audio channel
    • Browser with Flash

It seems logical that the Storm series is RIM's effort to get a bigger slice of the consumer pie. To do that, developers need the tools to make apps more friendly to the average consumer: games, fun apps with slicker interfaces... even business apps can benefit from slicker interfaces.

I'm 95% sure the S2 will be my first BB, and it will be replacing my old phone, my MP3 player, my camera, my notebook, and my DayTimer. What would be awesome would be the ability to buy a game on MicroSD card and play it with the quality of a PSP. Is that really asking too much?
    10-18-09 02:52 AM
    The only thing blackberry api need is OPENGL !
    Why they just can't put in that library ??!!!
    I'm sorry but openGL can't damaged the security or everything else... It' just bring the 3D and better fluid graphics !

I we have to make a petition for openGL and then they will maybe put in
    With me ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 03:30 AM
    Also for android people say one of its drawbacks could very well be its "Open source" platform in that developers have to develop multiple versions of their software because each phone manufacturer can add or delete what ever components they wish. This can become a pain, and there have been a few who tried a similar platform and failed but of course didn't have Google backing them. Just saying I can see how open source could be a problem, especially if the manufacturers really start making these phones their own.

i saw a great example of this today...downloaded an app that was for donut, and was running cupcake, and the app lagged the phone so much that they couldn't close the app when the movie was starting (the electric razor app, lol!) so they had to do a battery pull.

at least something is familiar
    10-18-09 03:40 AM
    SMH. Is that so. Do you seriously believe what you just wrote or are you following what seems to be a growing trend; the iPhone isn't what it is by mistake and as far as AT&T's network, any person with sense knows service depends on where you are on ANY network. But carry on...
    I get terrible Verizon reception at home. I've had phones that I could barely activate because even outside in front of the house they kept dropping calls.
    But on AT&T I can even make calls downstairs in the basement (Half underground). Consistently.
    Once I'm outside on the streets though the difference isn't as pronounced - No dropped calls on my Verizon phone at least.
    10-18-09 04:32 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD