I was playing around and decided to delete some apps namely the Weather Channel and Poyntt. I had found that Poyntt never seems to be able to locate me.

Strange, I deleted both apps from my home screen and they were gone...........or so I thought. I started playing around with my options settings and went options > device > application management and discovered that the Weather Channel was still there and there were 2 Poyntt entries even though I had thought they had been deleted. I removed them from there rebooted and found they were finally gone.

Moral for me was never delete apps from your device screen again and lesson learned. I'm by no means an expert on BB's but I find this annoying to think you no longer have the app and it's still there.
    11-18-10 09:46 AM
    The icons on your bb act like your icons on a Windows desktop, hiding them only makes it so the icon is not visible anymore. The true deleting of the program is done through the steps you have already discovered.

The hiding of icons can be useful for those things that come 'pre-installed' that you dont really use, you can just hide the icon, and have less clutter on your screen .
    11-18-10 10:17 AM
    It's always been like that. You need to delete from Options>applications.
    Think of how it works on your PC:You delete a program from the home screen and it shows the "shortcut" is deleted but you need to go and remove the program from your "options" screen. Same concept.
    11-18-10 10:20 AM
    You can also select app icon from "ALL" Tab not from downloads and option/Delete will uninstall it also on OS6 but not from downloads or frequent and favorites making this on that tabs will remove only shortcut but from all tab you can uninstall them...
    11-18-10 10:31 AM
    rroyy is correct. The removal of apps from the All screen is a new feature in OS6. I use it all the time and it works fine on my Torch. When the original poster must have had an issue was if he just removed it from one of the other views..
    11-18-10 02:10 PM
    Not quite. Today removing an app from the homescreen actually does or should properly remove the application. At least when doing so, it will as for a device reset as if the app were being removed via Options > Device > App Management.

In my attempts to get a good combo Social Networking app, I tested Vodafone Update. For one reason or another I did not like it so I removed it via the Homescreen > BB Menu > Delete. I was prompted to reset and did so. After the device recovered, some errors came up. I re-installed the app and used the Opt > Dev > App Mngt procedure to remove it again.

Long story short - it should work but it does not for apps. It works fine for shortcuts and say contacts you have added to the homescreen.
    11-18-10 04:25 PM
    Deleting from home screen is not exactly like deleting shortcut on desktop.
    Sometimes it does really uninstall the app, but sometimes it doesn't .
    I guess it's something to do with the app structure.
    11-18-10 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD