since i dont use a data plan, i figured i would install app world through internet explorer and had this problem occur:

axError.gif

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World.

What does this mean?
    04-15-09 12:32 AM
    since i dont use a data plan, i figured i would install app world through internet explorer and had this problem occur:

axError.gif

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World.

What does this mean?
    App World does need an active internet connection to work.

the requirements are:

1. BlackBerry� Device Software version 4.2 or higher
    2. BlackBerry smartphones with trackballs or SurePress� touch screen
    3. BlackBerry App World is only available to customers in US, Canada and UK and may not be available on all networks
    4. To use BlackBerry App World, you require a service plan that includes access to the BlackBerry� Browser

Service plan = Data plan cause why install it if you have no data plan cause it needs an active data connection to search and download applications to your blackberry
    04-15-09 12:40 AM
    ahh ok, i figured i could just use the wifi, thanks for the clarification
    04-15-09 12:49 AM
    how do i get a data plan
    10-10-09 05:23 AM
    Call your carrier
    10-10-09 08:14 AM
    I have a data plan and I still cant install app world, I get the "axError.gif" error. Whats up with that? Freaking blackberry wants $50 bucks for a support request after I just paid $260 bucks for the stinkin phone not 3 weeks ago. I suppose I'll have to call my carrier and spend 3 weeks trying to figure this out. Why cant things just work like there supposed to?
    11-10-09 06:20 PM
    thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanx for help
    05-21-10 05:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD