Obviously im not a spammer on this site... so I have a question.

Why would someone pay 25 to 45 bucks for a messaging program when EQO is free? So what they want you to use their paid calling service? you dont have to! And the AOL/Yahoo/MSN/Jabber/ICQ/GMAIL messenger feature is free!!! And it uses DATA instead of SMS!!!

Just wondering...I dont quite understand why people would pay for something free...

See? no spamming...no website mentioned...
    04-11-08 02:59 PM
    Well, everyone pays for them because of support and stability.

Support- Constant updates/fixes and responses after emailing them.

Stability- JiveTalk is the most stable IM app I've seen out there. IM+ could be, but only windows mobile, I didn't have the best experience.
    04-11-08 03:05 PM
    thank you for your honesty and insight! As for stability, I can say that the program I mentioned hasnt given me one lick of trouble at all...
    04-11-08 03:08 PM
    DON'T download im+; Yeah it may seem like a great deal at half off, I fell for it now my Pearl goes through a continuous boot sequence. There's another thread about this; others have experience the same thing. Too bad I didn't see that thread before I forked over $25 bucks.
    04-11-08 03:27 PM
    does any one know of a free program that uses SMS and not data? i have been searching and searching with no luck thanks
    04-11-08 03:34 PM
    the messengers that came with the BB
    04-11-08 03:40 PM
    Admin Note:

Please See THIS POST Re: IM+ for BlackBerry Promotion on April 11, 2008

DON'T download im+; Yeah it may seem like a great deal at half off, I fell for it now my Pearl goes through a continuous boot sequence. There's another thread about this; others have experience the same thing. Too bad I didn't see that thread before I forked over $25 bucks.
    04-11-08 09:53 PM
    The reason I use and paid for jivetalk out of all the messaging clients out there. It seemed the fastest and I do believe one of the only ones that support file xfers..

The reason data over sms? That's like comparing modems to high speed. Its more real time, and there's no max message size except for the messaging's service. Msn I do believe is the only one that supports sms also?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-08 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD