Ive used beejive before on another device (wont mention names) and loved it. When i switched to my bold, i figured i would try out instango. i liked it, but i realized that it DESTROYED my battery. Ive never seen it deplete so fast. I was down to one bar in less than 5 hours. So my personal opinion would be to stay away from it.
    A-yup.
    But it looks to be a really promising app once they sort out all their bugs.
    02-15-09 07:41 AM
    I've been using JiveTalk on my 8330 for a while now. Can't comment on battery life since I rarely stay signed on for longer than a few hours, but that usually barely impacts my battery life at all. I suggest it, great customer support too. I had previously used IM+ on my WinMo devices before making the switch to BB, and I prefer BeeJive on a BB so much more! Well worth the price!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 12:07 PM
    I can say that I've been using JiveTalk for quite a while now, and I wish I got the full license in case I do upgrade eventually. I installed Instango on my girlfriend's bb and noticed a couple things:
    -slow, and lost connection alot
    -cant change your icon
    -your status automatically shows up as 'oscargateway' for some reason
    -crappy interface and not much in the way of options or preferences
    -KILLS the battery

I was wondering why her battery was so low all the time when nothing else was ever running (its a brand new 8330 that I haven't had a chance to put all the cool apps on yet)

I love jivetalk. Looks and feels just like AIM. A friend uses webmessenger (free) and has no issues, but I like the ability to see away messages without having to send an I'm. Hope I helped.

02-18-09 08:27 PM
    The Instango battery saving mode isn't finished yet, so hopefully it'll be a bit better when it is.
    02-18-09 08:46 PM
    IM+ has one big thing that Beejive doesn't: the ability to send SMS at 5 cents each if you load up on credit. Because I live in Switzerland at the moment, SMS are about 20 cents each here, and with two texting teenagers in the house ... well, you get it :->) The ultimate would be to be able to PIN directly from IM+ like you can from Beejive.

02-19-09 01:56 AM
    I'm surprised the free WebMessenger only got mentioned once. I use it and it does a good job for texting and doesn't appear to have any memory or battery issues. No voice or pictures though. Maybe I need to look at some of these other options.
    02-21-09 02:22 AM
    OK, installed both Palringo and eBuddy. Not having luck with either. It "appears" so far that both will not work on wifi which would definitely be a dealbreaker for me. Palringo has a nice black interface, would like to be able to try it but it's stuck on trying to get me logged in. eBuddy is getting hung up even earlier saying that I need Javascript enabled (which I do). I gave both apps full application access in the Blackberry Sytem Options. So as of this point I'm sticking with WebMessenger which works just fine with wifi.
    02-21-09 03:00 AM
    After being on the free trial with beejive I must say that I might even spend the $30. It worked great and never gave any problems. I didn't even notice any battery issues when I had it running 5+ hours a day straight.
    02-21-09 09:58 AM
    Recently tried out WebMessenger and I gotta say I like it the best so far.

Only thing is that it doesn't look as nice as Beejive, but I can live with that for free.

02-22-09 10:43 AM
    Before trying any of these ( and great info on this thread ). Do they help with the instability of the msgrs ?? I find that live goes down a lot. Will this still happen ?

02-22-09 10:52 AM
    If the point is not moot, Beejive is absolutely wonderful. After tons of deliberation and research, I finally made the decision to purchase the unlimited license of Beejive for $29.99. I use a Curve 8320 and currently do not have a data plan. Beejive performs exceptionally well and does not kill my battery. In fact, it has such little effect on my battery that I often leave it on all day

Additionally, since it works over a Wi-Fi network, and since how I do not have a data plan, I am able to use it over my Wi-Fi network and utilize FREE unlimited Instant Messaging! Huge thumbs up for this application
    02-22-09 05:31 PM
    i've tried so many of them.. mostly free, i lime vzw's IM and instango, since they are both free and use little memory. But i"m converting everyone to blackberry so we can all just bbm instead
    02-23-09 03:30 PM
    Beejive is on sale now Beejive - instant messaging anywhere

$14.95 for the device license
    $24.95 for the User license
    02-24-09 12:13 AM
    BeeJive is exceptionally fast on my Curve. I would sit with a freind and have them IM me from a computer and see how much there was and I would usually receive the IM before my friend's computer even acknowledged that it was sent... I love BeeJive
    03-26-09 05:04 PM
    Beejive is fantastic haven't seen a significant impact on battery life and it is very reliable and convenient.
    07-07-09 01:42 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD