Okay, I've read all the various threads about Beejive and I know it can be a bit of a hot topic around here, so bear with me. I'm very new to blackberry and I'm something of a poor student, so I've been trying my best to try every chat program there is out there. I do freelance work to pay the bills and communicate over AIM, MSN, yahoo, and gtalk. It would make much more sense to use a client that allows me to sign in all of these simultaneously, such as instango or beejive. I've tried palringo and while I consider myself a reasonably intelligent individual, it confused the **** out of me. I've tried mundu and I kept having problem after problem. I tested IM+ and to be honest, I really didn't like the interface either. I stupidly downloaded Beejive and never tested it, so I can't use the trial again. I finally settled with Instango, but it causes serious lags on my blackberry (which maybe a problem with my phone in general, who knows) and I find it cumbersome to use. It's not all that attractive or intuitive to me and yes, those things matter to me in my overall use of the program. I've read many people saying how beejive is worth the money and I've seen how those who ask for coupons are lambasted for it. When it comes down to it, I just spent 3 grand on a surgery for my cat, times are tough and yes, even five dollars will help me when I'm getting an application that might help me be more efficient in business.

So, while I apologize for being long-winded here, my questions are: Will beejive slow down my device as much as Instango? It uses a lot of memory, but will it use as much memory and drain the battery as much as having multiple applications open? And lastly, does anyone even know if there's a current coupon code out there?
    01-05-09 01:46 AM
    It will use more memory as I have both installed on my device.

If you are looking for eye candy as well and feel Instango isn't enough, then I would recommend BeeJive.

There are two versions:

$20- Device license. Only for the device you register with. If you need to get a new device for any reason, you would need to purchase another license.

$30- User License. Allows one device to be activated at a time, but you can transfer the key from device to device.

Battery drain... Yes, definitely.

Coupon code... nothing that hasn't expired.
    01-05-09 02:44 AM
    Thank you for your response. I can deal with something not being as aesthetically appealing as I even appreciate the native AIM client much more than Instango. For me, Instango just seems complicated, bulky, and cumbersome. I'm a little worried that Beejive will be similar, but it at least seems somewhat more straightforward. So you do believe that just running Beejive would drain the battery more than allowing AIM, yahoo, and gtalk to run in the background at the same time? I think that's more or less my concern here, considering that it's inevitable to experience some battery drain and memory hogging when using any of these programs. Do you happen to know if they release coupon codes often enough to wait around?

It will use more memory as I have both installed on my device.

If you are looking for eye candy as well and feel Instango isn't enough, then I would recommend BeeJive.

There are two versions:

$20- Device license. Only for the device you register with. If you need to get a new device for any reason, you would need to purchase another license.

$30- User License. Allows one device to be activated at a time, but you can transfer the key from device to device.

Battery drain... Yes, definitely.

Coupon code... nothing that hasn't expired.
    01-05-09 02:55 AM
    I also wanted to add that when I use Instango, it's very slow. Is this expected on a device like the Blackberry 8330? I'm on sprint, so I don't know if that makes a difference. Will Beejive likely be as slow?
    01-05-09 03:10 AM
    beejive is not slow at all, I use it all the time... and I dont find that it kills my battery either... it's a great program and well worth the money.
    01-07-09 04:47 PM
    you should try the beejive trial. i have it on my curve, and it's pretty awesome. straight forward. i believe it's worth the $30 for the flexible license.
    01-07-09 05:13 PM
    BeeJive isn't slow, and I don't really find it to be battery draining...if you're idle then you can set the "save battery mode" on there. I never tried Instango, but I read somewhere that if you're on a phone call, and then hang up, you have to log in all over again. Yeah, you may have to pay for it, but you will get your money's worth.
    01-07-09 05:15 PM
    Actually after been using

1) BeeJive
    2) Palringo
    3) EQO
    4) Instantgo

I am highly recommending Instantgo
    01-07-09 06:14 PM
    Actually after been using

1) BeeJive
    2) Palringo
    3) EQO
    4) Instantgo

I am highly recommending Instantgo
    I definitely wanted to love Instango, but in addition to it crawling on my curve, I've been having error after error. I appreciate what they're doing, especially since it's free and offers some really great features, but it's just not working for me.
    01-08-09 09:23 PM
    Does Beejive have an all black skin like Instango?
    Seen in this youtube vid:
    01-11-09 08:17 PM
    eBuddy, enough said... well not really

Its works pretty well, its free and you can chat on facebook and myspace (I think in myspace, I KNOW on facebook), I think its pretty good, somebody with the other programs try it and tell me wit yalll think
    01-11-09 09:27 PM
    eBuddy, enough said... well not really

Its works pretty well, its free and you can chat on facebook and myspace (I think in myspace, I KNOW on facebook), I think its pretty good, somebody with the other programs try it and tell me wit yalll think
    Which app are you referring to here where you can chat on facebook and it's free? Instantgo I know is free but I don't see any facebook chat on it after I downloaded it.
    TIA

ETA: ah the app is called ebuddy. Lol I thought you were referring to a poster on here as ebuddy.
    Last edited by perkyaim99; 01-12-09 at 11:25 PM.
    01-12-09 11:06 PM
    Which app are you referring to here where you can chat on facebook and it's free? Instantgo I know is free but I don't see any facebook chat on it after I downloaded it.
    TIA

ETA: ah the app is called ebuddy. Lol I thought you were referring to a poster on here as ebuddy.
    Did you find it? and yes the program is called eBuddy, I'm suprised many people haven't heard about it, its a free all in one IM service, including Facebook, ... and Myspace I beleive, its good for on the go IM'ing and it doesn't hog alot of memory, thought it will drain your battery if you leave it running in the background

Not a spokesman, but I'll writhe on the stuff I like!
    01-13-09 12:10 PM
    Did you find it? and yes the program is called eBuddy, I'm suprised many people haven't heard about it, its a free all in one IM service, including Facebook, ... and Myspace I beleive, its good for on the go IM'ing and it doesn't hog alot of memory, thought it will drain your battery if you leave it running in the background

Not a spokesman, but I'll writhe on the stuff I like!
    Yes, I did find it! I haven't used it to chat with anyone yet, just using it for facebook.
    01-13-09 12:15 PM
    So I see you have an experience with many apps.
    Try IM+ again in comparison to the others.

The advantage is you'll get lifetime license, all upgrades, updates and support included.
    New IM Push mode is rather useful: "Send and receive IMs as emails and save precious battery life".
    IM+ does not have annoying advertise materials like many free apps do.

Download link.
    01-20-09 05:48 AM
    i tried IM+ but the price is very high, $49 for a license. If you lower the price lower to compete with JiveTalk or maybe even lower, i'm sure many more ppl will buy it.

Or with $49 maybe IM+ for skype is included

as of right now, it seems more ppl prefer JiveTalk over IM+, and me personally on the verge of purchasing another JiveTalk license for someone.
    Last edited by dumb4ever; 02-09-09 at 06:58 PM.
    02-09-09 06:53 PM
    instango let me down. its not really good.
    02-09-09 08:47 PM
    I have no problems with BeeJive at all. Runs great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 09:52 PM
    IM+ is not in the list of free or cheap applications.
    But if you purchase IM+ you can use all public IM systems in one client and you have no cost per message!

Buying IM+ you get full and non-limited license for using this software on your device and you are entitled to all software updates. As soon as a new version of the IM+ is released, just download it on your device. No need to uninstall the previous version. All your settings will be saved.

Wi-Fi connection is supported.

I use it and I enjoy!

Give it a try, trial is free for 7 days

More information here.

i tried IM+ but the price is very high, $49 for a license. If you lower the price lower to compete with JiveTalk or maybe even lower, i'm sure many more ppl will buy it.

Or with $49 maybe IM+ for skype is included

as of right now, it seems more ppl prefer JiveTalk over IM+, and me personally on the verge of purchasing another JiveTalk license for someone.
    02-10-09 01:25 AM
    IM+ is not in the list of free or cheap applications.
    But if you purchase IM+ you can use all public IM systems in one client and you have no cost per message!

Buying IM+ you get full and non-limited license for using this software on your device and you are entitled to all software updates. As soon as a new version of the IM+ is released, just download it on your device. No need to uninstall the previous version. All your settings will be saved.

Wi-Fi connection is supported.

I use it and I enjoy!

Give it a try, trial is free for 7 days

More information here.
    BeeJive is all in one IM service and doesnt cost per message. It uses data. You can purchase license as well but limited to either 1 device only ($20) or can be used on 1 device at a time and transferred to a new one if you get a new phone ($30). BeeJive also supports WiFi, trial is 30 days and costs $10 less for license. It also looks better
    02-11-09 07:58 AM
    how can i change my icon pic on instango...its not letting me select a pic from my fone (storm)....thank uu
    02-11-09 08:09 PM
    Beejive is def a better app @ a lower cost...
    02-11-09 08:16 PM
    So I see you have an experience with many apps.
    Try IM+ again in comparison to the others.

The advantage is you'll get lifetime license, all upgrades, updates and support included.
    New IM Push mode is rather useful: "Send and receive IMs as emails and save precious battery life".
    IM+ does not have annoying advertise materials like many free apps do.

Download link.
    Just to keep all the options open to the original poster, you could also try WebMessenger, the free version. Its fully functional for all the I'm sevices u mentioned, and it also supports I'm push to the Inbox. Works great and totally free. No battery issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 10:55 PM
    I find Instango and Beejive very similar in interface and functions. The only major difference for me is that Beejive works, and Instango, well, doesn't. It's got some major bugs and the developers are MIA from the Instango beta message boards.

For free IM, I recommend Palringo and Nimbuzz.
    Beejive really does seem to be the best out there, though, as it has superb Blackberry integration. I just wish they'd update their interface to be a little less fugly.
    02-14-09 06:35 PM
    Ive used beejive before on another device (wont mention names) and loved it. When i switched to my bold, i figured i would try out instango. i liked it, but i realized that it DESTROYED my battery. Ive never seen it deplete so fast. I was down to one bar in less than 5 hours. So my personal opinion would be to stay away from it.
    02-15-09 12:08 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD