So, it seems as either a design flaw, or working-as-intended, that BB's only allow a very limited amount of space to be loaded with apps.

It all seems to depend on the side of the debate I read.

My BB Bold isn't issued by work. I want to use it as a mobile email/browser/media/phone/calendar/game platform.

What are the options in being able to swap between the installations of high memory intensive applications/games, without hogging my memory at all times.

I saw there's a program called Aerize, but I can't seem to get the trial to install in Win7, as it states my device isn't in the proper mode (I checked the settings, and made sure it reflected what was needed, as well).

Are there alternatives to Aerize? Is it worth purchasing it OTA, and assuming it will then work as intended for what I'm looking for?

I have a 16gb sd card installed, and would very much like to purchase some more games and apps, but the last game I bought, "Sid Meier's Pirates", took up a huge amount of space (I'm not complaining about "Pirates" because it's great nostalgia from the C64 days). I'd like to install some golf games, chess, etc., as well.

I've done battery pulls, and currently I'm not running into memory issues, but I would really like to be able to have a wide assortment of apps/games, even if it requires re-boots in between re-doing my needs.

As a first time BB user, my curiosity of trying all sorts of things out is very peaked, and constantly re-downloading apps to try each one, uninstalling, pulling the battery to clear, and continuing, seems like a waste of the fact that an SD card should be plenty fast for loading from.

I didn't care for the Iphone, or touch screens in general, so I'd really like to stay with the Bold (which aside from the memory limit, is absolutely great so far).

I'm also not that interested in Windows Mobile, as I really like the Bold, and would like to stay with it.

Any suggestions?

--Bladebarrier
    08-31-09 09:26 PM
    You can't. Period. Aerize simply converts the programs to STORE the jad jar files on the mem card to INSTALL from it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 09:52 PM
    You can't. Period. Aerize simply converts the programs to STORE the jad jar files on the mem card to INSTALL from it.

Roger. Understood L&C.

But what's the best alternative?

I'm willing to deal with re-installing from the sd card as needed, and using it as a back up device for apps. I don't need 100 apps/games installed at once, but I'd like to be able to swap and install them in groups as needed, without re-downloading, or hard-wiring into a PC.

The reviews I read of Aerize is that it it's hit or miss for what it can backup-install-on-the-fly, and as I can't seem to use the trial, I was hoping that there might be an app that could load a full profile of apps at once (before dropping the cash and finding out it may or may not be what I'm looking for).

Basically, could you uninstall all games, to load up business apps, while saving configs, if possible, then later dump out the business apps, to load up media based apps, while saving configs, etc.., even if it requires a full re-boot? I don't need them actually running off of the SD itself, but I'm looking to be able to swap sets of apps via a app based profile swap/re-boot.
    08-31-09 10:10 PM
    GenjadBB. Generates jad files from cod files

08-31-09 10:34 PM

link?.....
    08-31-09 10:53 PM

You're the best! That looks like a promising solution.
    08-31-09 10:59 PM
    The one thing I miss from wm is the ability to run apps from the card...shame that rim prevents this.

08-31-09 11:01 PM
    link?.....
    I tried to post links for what I found out with his assistance, but the filter won't let me until I have 10 posts....

Shoot me a pm, and I'll email the links I found, from work tomorrow.
    08-31-09 11:29 PM
    BlackBerry app world. You can purchase and archive apps to the SD card like what Aerize does

09-07-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD