I dont have a data plan so I have to installed my applications through the desktop manager (so I've been told). I'm new to the blackberry so feel like a deer in the headlights. Anyway, I open my add application button in my desktop manager go to browse and select the app that I want to install onto my curve (8310). It is an ".alx" file. So i click "open" and after a few seconds I get an error message stating "No additonal applications designed for your device were found." ah! What can I do to make this work!
    Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    05-29-09 10:57 AM
    Did you make sure the app you downloaded is specifically designed for your Curve?

That error typically arrises from either missing files, or you're installing something not designed for the Curve.
    05-29-09 11:42 AM
    Are you having a problem installing apps OTA? Try crackberry OTA free software and see if that downloads correctly.
    05-29-09 12:52 PM
    Thanks for the advice!
    05-29-09 01:11 PM
    Are you having a problem installing apps OTA? Try crackberry OTA free software and see if that downloads correctly.
    Read the OP, they don't have a data plan, so they can't do OTA downloads.

To the OP, you also need to have the .cod file in the same folder/location as the .alx file, or DM won't "see" anything to load.
    05-29-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD