Do you want it?? I'm good either way. I would totally use it, but I can definitely live without it. Let's hear your thoughts!
    03-20-12 11:40 AM
    I want it on my BlackBerry ASAP. I like Instagram. It has critical mass, so unfortunately other photo sharing apps don't quite have the audience. There's specific friends, family, etc. I want to be following on Instagram. Need it!
    03-20-12 11:48 AM
    I give instagram a gigantic meh. Could care less if it came or not, if I wanted to share a picture I have facebook or twitter. I dont need to follow someone who posts pictures of their food, just sayin'
    03-20-12 12:29 PM
    instagram is a great app, its community is what makes it a success and what makes it fun to use. the ability to follow trends and use hashtags is what all competitors are missing. however the app crashes like 50% of the time on my iphone 4s, so i know theres no way in he.ll a blackberry could ever handle it based off this statistic, and the fact that apps like "lens boost" for BB run so painfully slow.
    Last edited by DarshOne; 03-20-12 at 12:40 PM.
    03-20-12 12:38 PM
    Instagram for BlackBerry and the BlackBerry Playbook would be great. I know a lot of friends who are iPhone and iPod touch users and they constantly boast about how awesome instagram and the iPhone / iPod touch are but as a die-hard BlackBerry fan and user, I really hope the Instagram app comes to the BlackBerry and BlackBerry Playbook real soon.
    03-20-12 12:42 PM
    I personally hate filters so I don't really care if we get it. Seems like there is a big percent of people that want this app.

Edit: Filters are all I think about when I think about this app. Pretty much all the pictures I see uploaded to Facebook with the instagram tag have a filter on them. I don't know what else there is with the app besides the whole sharing aspect of it.
    Last edited by eKafara; 03-20-12 at 12:46 PM.
    03-20-12 12:43 PM
    I would love it
    03-20-12 01:00 PM
    Just use Mobli. It's better than Instagram and it's available now
    03-20-12 01:02 PM
    I would never use it. I think one of the problems Blackberry is facing is that many of us that use Blackberry phones and/or the Playbook, use it TO DO things. I don't have time or care to share photos with anyone except the two people who live with me (I can show them by hand), and my girlfriend and my best friend (both have blackberry phones/Playbooks and rarely use social sites, like me).

My example is Facebook. I have a Facebook account, I have about 300+ friends, etc. because I used to work at Disneyland, and have a lot of connections there. I log in just about never and when I do, it's usually to look at something someone called or emailed and told me to check out. I rarely look at it because I just don't care all that much who went out to lunch today.

The problem is, I want instagram to be on Blackberry even though, I'll almost never use it, if ever, because it will help the Platform which I absolutely LOVE. I hope to never have a phone without a physical keyboard. I use mine to remote type on my Playbook daily.

I use my Torch 9810 and my Playbook about 30-50 times per day minimum, and 75% of that is for emails, 15% is BBM and text, and 10% is for calling people (usually my girlfriend).

My thoughts
    03-20-12 01:07 PM
    My 8 year old has it on her iPod touch, she likes it and it is easy for her and her little friends. However on her playbook she now has PicShop and you know what she likes Picshop more because of the way you can dress-up a photo with the extra's (stickers). She is an odd duck as she takes the pic with the playbook, runs it through Picshop, then via taking a picture of the playbook screen, to Instagram and off to her little friends. If you ask me though as a parent I would like to see some more controls on who can see the pics and who is following you. Perhaps I haven't looked enough for these settings.
    03-20-12 01:25 PM
    I see the comment about BB owners do things and do not have time for such apps. Maybe this what the big time devs think. I have just began to use my Iphone it hasn't been a full week and I hate it. No blinking light no native apps. I have spent the entire day trying to set up email. I finally have work email coming in bit not going out. The Ui is smooth and easy to use but I really understand the difference between the BB and the itoy. I cant sign a new contract because I believe RIM will blow minds away with bb10 if they don't then I should be use to this thing by then. Instagram is cool but I think every company is staying away until bb10. Besides all the other companies are updating their apps for the new ipad ? BB gets no love
    03-20-12 01:27 PM
    I'm addicted to instagram, I bought an Iphone just for it, and having it on my blackberry would be AMAZING!!
    03-20-12 04:07 PM
    I would say a yay to Instagram for BlackBerry's. I have it on my iPhone and love it.
    03-20-12 04:30 PM
    I would love instagram for my bold, it is so frustrating to see how slow are instaphoto,lensboost,compared to instagram, it kills me not to have it
    03-20-12 04:49 PM
    I want it so bad.
    daveshiz likes this.
    03-20-12 04:58 PM
    Yes, I want this app soooo badly. Lol.
    03-20-12 05:10 PM
    I have it on my iPhone and I love it. I can see where there would be a huge demand for it on BlackBerry.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    03-20-12 05:42 PM
    If it came out for the BB, I would probably give it a go but right now I'm not looking for it. I have a lot of iPhone/iPod users who post Instagram photos and the pictures do look fantastic.

I like putting filters on some of my pictures and I'm currently using two social photo sharing apps that are available for the BB and it's FREE. First being Molome which sets up easily and has a bigger fan base (available for Symbian and Android too) compared to the second one which is BibbyCam. I had a more difficult time setting up BibbyCam with sign ups and Facebook, it has some nicer filters and a more 'professional' UI plus privacy settings (a plus!).
    hobbyboy#CB likes this.
    03-21-12 05:45 AM
    Anyone know any alternatives?
    03-21-12 06:31 AM
    i'd like instagram on my blackberry soon
    03-21-12 08:46 AM
    I need Instagram on my BlackBerry.
    03-21-12 10:09 AM
    Anyone know any alternatives?

Instaphoto, LensBoost and plenty of others. Check under the Photo apps in App World
    Nashstruck likes this.
    03-21-12 11:00 AM
    Could care less if it came or not! Happy with MOLO.me
    03-21-12 12:12 PM
    Now that Facebook bought Instagram... do you think they'll develop for BB?

Come on, first Instagram said it would be exclusive to iOS but now it developed for Android... I sure hope BB is next. Would be nice, although MOLO.ME is pretty decent and quick when it renders the photos.
    04-09-12 03:35 PM
    If your a big Instagram fan and have a BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet then your too can explore Instagram with this amazing app. Buy InstaBook - Instagram Client - Download InstaBook - Instagram Client - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    05-21-12 10:29 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD