Hi
    Does any1 know about a free or cheap app that allows user to set some frecuent used texts, numbers, etc for pasting later in any textbox?
    For example, Id use for pasting BB appworld password so I dont have to write each time...

Also, which do you think the best PIM management app is? I remember papyrus calendar in WM, but here I coul not find/install

Thanks a lot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 12:01 AM
    AutoText - it already exists in the native software
    However, not all boxes allow or support pasting or AutoText.

What PIM features are you specifically looking for beyond what the native OS performs?
    11-21-10 06:30 AM
    1) Is Autotext is a core feature of BB OS? How should I activate, or where do I configure it?

2) The main "problem" I'm having with the core calendar is that I've had (in WM phone) all the tasks/reminders grouped toghether for each day. Now in BB calendar, I have to scroll in daily view to see all the tasks for that day.

Thanks
    11-21-10 07:39 AM
    Yes, autotext is part of the core load. You can find it at Options / Autotext. To use it with SMS, be sure it is not disabled in the SMS settings. Options / SMS Text / Disable Autotext: No.

I don't put Tasks on the Calendar, so I can't help with your second question. Another PIM shell you might want to consider is Pocket Informant BlackBerry.
    11-21-10 08:38 AM
    Cool! Thanks! Will try it!

11-21-10 08:54 AM
    1) Is Autotext is a core feature of BB OS? How should I activate, or where do I configure it?

2) The main "problem" I'm having with the core calendar is that I've had (in WM phone) all the tasks/reminders grouped toghether for each day. Now in BB calendar, I have to scroll in daily view to see all the tasks for that day.

Thanks
    You can go to Menu/Option/Auto Text, press Menu/New. You can use a combination of letters you don't use that often in the "Replace" field like qq and in the "With" box you can literally type a huge paragraph, or a short sentence. Your choice how detailed or simple this can be. Now when you type qq followed by a space your auto text paragraph replaces it. I have several setup in my bb. Very handy feature!

Last edited by albee 1; 11-21-10 at 09:05 AM.
    11-21-10 09:01 AM
    Here is an AutoText sample. Six letters and spacebar gives me:

The following table lists BlackBerry Device Software versions and the supported media card size.

BlackBerry Device Software Media Card Size Limit
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2.196 Up to 8 GB per Verizon Release Notes and confirmed by users.
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB.
    Cards to 2 gb are MicroSD. Above 2 are MicroSDHC cards.

Cards are rated Class 2, 4, 6. BlackBerry is rated for Class 2 speed, but can use the others, which are rated for faster up/download rates when transferring data on a computer.

Last edited by BergerKing; 11-21-10 at 09:07 AM.
    11-21-10 09:05 AM
    I'm trying and it is awesooooooome!!!!!

11-21-10 09:05 AM
    I'm trying and it is awesooooooome!!!!!

Isn't that cool! You can write a short novel like BergerKing too! Lol

11-21-10 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD