OK, so I've been going back & forth between the following 2 apps & I'm really at a loss now. Though I'd rather find a free one, I don't think one of this type exists, so I'm willing to buck up & pay for it, which do you recommend,

PeekaWho Email SMS Alerts
    or
    Aerize Email Alerts

I figured that I'd put it to the Crackberry community & see what you guys & girls recommended. I have the Curve, running 4.5 OS, so let me know what you think & why. Thanks in advance for the advice & input
    03-31-09 01:33 PM
    I haven't tried either but I would appreciate any feedback you have when you make a decision.
    03-31-09 02:05 PM
    I have used Aerize Alerts. It works as advertised. I don't have a frame of reference but be advised that there are certain Blackberry OS security quirks that don't allow certain features. I confirmed this myself with the Aerize developer. One such example is deleting or marking an SMS read from the notification pane. I'm assuming that this is also the case with Peekawho. I do believe that Peekawho has more features such as the ability to prohibit pop ups while certain apps are active. it also appears to have an automatic delete function for a customized blacklist. Aerize Alerts has neither of those features. I would try both of them and that way you can decide for yourself which one to purchase. Another similar app is emobile's alerts, but there's no free trial.
    03-31-09 02:18 PM
    I use PeekAWho. Don't really know for sure how it compares to Aerize Alerts, but I like the ability to just delete the email after scanning the pop up. There is another program call Message Peek. I tried it, but I liked PAW better. You may get better responses by posting in the 3rd Party App forum.
    03-31-09 02:44 PM
    Yeah, didn't even know about a 3rd party app forum! Thanks wnm, I guess I'll repost this there too.
    03-31-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD