I can't start the ING direct Ap.

I keep getting this error:

! (symbol)
    Error starting
    ING_DIRECT: Module
    'BEAM_Agent' not found.

Anyone else got this?
    Any ideas on what's causing it?
    Anyone know what a BEAM Agent is and why I'd want to find it?
    02-08-13 11:40 AM
    I can't start the ING direct Ap.

I keep getting this error:

! (symbol)
    Error starting
    'BEAM_Agent' not found.

Anyone else got this?
    Any ideas on what's causing it?
    Anyone know what a BEAM Agent is and why I'd want to find it?
    Hmmm.
    Was it working previously?
    If so, I am surprised that you say that the on-device ING application was working for you.

Unless you’re speaking of a BB10 Application that I do not know about, I have found that it has not worked for me for quite a few months on BBOS and I can no longer download it direct from AppWorld.
    When I try, I only receive a launcher to the site and not an on-device application.

Actually INGDirect exists no longer, as it has been purchased by CapitalOne.
    The old site was https://home.ingdirect.com/
    Now it is https://home.capitalone360.com/
    You will be re-directed to the CapitalOne site when attempting to access the old INGDirect link.

So possibly that is why (if) you have retained the old on-device application somehow, it is no longer working for you? I’m not sure, but it would make sense to me.
    02-08-13 02:59 PM
    It was working up until this week when my entire system crashed and I had to re-install the entire OS. I'm running a Torch 9800 on OS 6.
    Perhaps I should have been more specific. It was the ING DIRECT Canada App.
    FYI,
    ING Direct Canada is being sold to Scotiabank. I imagine it is ING Direct USA that is being sold to Capital One. Customers have been advised that ING Direct Canada will continue to operate as a wholly owned subsidiary. My online account is still accessible and everything is still ING. No rebranding. (Paused to login while writing this post.)
    Web site is still active. http://www.ingdirect.ca/en/
    I'm pretty certain this is a software glitch, possibly related to muy recent crash and recovery.
    As I understand it, Ap-world filters by device capability and carrier so another phone on another carrier in another country is not going to show the same App availabilty.

Good news though. As I typed this I noticed an email address on the App world page for ING DIRECT Canada, so I'll see if I get any joy out of them.
    Last edited by Y-Chromosome; 02-08-13 at 04:59 PM. Reason: add web link
    02-08-13 04:48 PM
    I'm running a Torch 9800 on OS 6. Perhaps I should have been more specific. It was the ING DIRECT Canada App.
    Ahh, I see.
    Yes, those details could make a world of difference, as your profile doesn't indicate your device or location.
    Sorry, I guess I obviously cannot assist you with that.
    Hope it works out well for you!
    02-08-13 05:49 PM
    Hi Y-Chromosome,

Thank-you for your question. Sorry for the issues you are having with the ING Direct App. Would you please e-mail [email protected] . They will be able to help you fix the issue.
    Y-Chromosome likes this.
    02-10-13 06:56 PM
    Hi Y-Chromosome,

Thank-you for your question. Sorry for the issues you are having with the ING Direct App. Would you please e-mail [email protected] . They will be able to help you fix the issue.
    I did an uninstall - re-install and it seems to have fixed the issue.
    02-11-13 11:12 AM
    This error message is back.
    Very annoying

! (symbol)
    Error starting
    'BEAM_Agent' not found.
    02-24-13 06:32 AM