My Blackberry Curve has stopped receiving emails and facebook notifications. I have no idea what the problem is. The loading egg-timer is constantly showing, as if the blackberry is trying to receive emails/gacebook, yet none come through. This has caused my battery to last no longer than a few hours.

This has happened once before and resulted in an error message appearing on the screen at odd occasions. The way i fixed it before was by accidentally dropping the device and then a FLOOD of messages came through.

Can anyone help resolve this?
    01-21-09 11:09 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull and resending the service books? I know Facebook does get a little screwy at times, but nothing like you described.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 11:14 PM
    i have reset it and pulled out the battery.

how do i 'resend the service books'?
    01-21-09 11:16 PM
    I just went through this yesterday... Ended up having to wipe handheld and start from scratch. I have sprint and usually go to sprint.blackberry.com to resend service books. For my exchange email I call corp. Tech support. BTW, tech support is getting tired of me, is there anyway I can do the exchange service books myself?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 11:40 PM
    ok, so call my carrier, vodafone and get them to fo it?
    01-21-09 11:45 PM
    ok, so some guy on another forum suggested deleting and reinstalling facebook and that has fixed the issue.

It appears facebook was the cause of the problem.

cheers all x
    01-21-09 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD