I use a Mac if it matters.
    I've only had my BB Tour for a week, I'm also new to the BB,but am am running pretty well. There's only 2 things I can't do. One is I was using Pocket Quicken on my Palm to use Quicken on my Palm and sync with Quicken on my Mac. I don't think there's anything I can do about this, but curious if there is.
    I also have a Spreadsheet I would like to import. It's a simple SS, no calculations, just data. I was using HanDBase (not compatable). I noticed there's an app on my BB from DataViz on my BB. It has something I think will import an Excel SS. Mine was made with iWork Numbers. I think if I save as an ASCII file, i have a shot. But don't have a clue as to how to get it into my BB. Can anyone tell me how.
    Thanks
    10-04-09 06:00 AM
    If you plug a BlackBerry up to a PC using the USB cable, it goes into Mass Storage Mode. In other words, the BlackBerry becomes somewhat of a Jump Drive where you can copy files from you are computer to your BlackBerry. You can also copy files from your BlackBerry to your PC. This is the same method you'd use if you had a USB Jump Drive plugged up to your PC. I assume a Mac has this same capability when used with a BlackBerry. I'm not sure because I do use a Mac.
    If it doesn't work, you could always send the attachment to your BlackBerry. Then download it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 06:36 AM
    Thanks. It turns out iWork can export in Excel format. How does the BB know to import it? I presume there's a folder to put it in? I don't see anything in Desktop Manager.
    10-04-09 08:06 AM
    For this to work, a prerequisite is that your phone has a microSD card installed. No card, no worky.

Plug your phone into your Mac via the USB port. Look at the Blackberry screen and selet Yes to Mass Media Mode. Your phone's microSD card now looks like a USB drive. Open it up and navigate to documents. COpy your file in Excel format to the documents folder.

Now run SheetToGo from the DataViz suite and open up the file you just copied. Done.
    10-04-09 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD