I love this app! Not bad for a beta, but needs some work. Push is a must and the message alert sound doesn't work. Hope they iron out the kinks for the final release.
    08-29-11 07:59 PM
    IMO.IM version 1.05 available for download at imo.im/blackberry
    09-13-11 09:48 PM
    thanks, downloading now
    09-13-11 10:24 PM
    version 1.0.6 available, works with 9900 as well
    09-21-11 11:12 PM
    The new version, 1.0.6, looks like the first steps of integrating IMO.IM with Messaging on BlackBerry.
    09-22-11 01:50 AM
    Oh god! I am tired with this app, It disconnects every 5 mins and then takes forever to connect also it looks to be a battery eater.
    09-25-11 11:23 AM
    1.0.7 was released. Doesn't seem to add PUSH. I see a sound level adjustment now. Hope that's not all that was added... :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 10:46 PM
    1.8 is available. Not sure what changed yet.

Also, from IMO's tweets, it seems RIM has ignored their App World submission. They claim it was submitted 7 weeks ago and they havent had a response yet. Sounds like how RIM treated Shape with IM+ and their Playbook App. Id love to know why...
    10-11-11 08:34 PM
    Version 1.09 is quite good!
    10-11-11 11:30 PM
    1.8 is available. Not sure what changed yet.

Also, from IMO's tweets, it seems RIM has ignored their App World submission. They claim it was submitted 7 weeks ago and they havent had a response yet. Sounds like how RIM treated Shape with IM+ and their Playbook App. Id love to know why...
    This is really Unfortunate. IMO.IM is my favorite chat client on iOS and Android - using very less resources and battery friendly. Was really excited when the first beta came out, and was hoping IMO to integrate the client well into BlackBerry platform - push notifications etc.

No idea what RIM are cooking with chat/social platforms but hope in short future to show something good, otherwise pushing out (it do not make sense in general btw) respected developers not only do not makes sense but will be really stupid.

Version 1.09 is quite good!
    Do not see any difference between 1.0.9 and 1.0.7 in terms of functions.
    With 6 and 7 versions on OS7 it looked like to me IMO client was using bit more power than it should. Hope with this version the battery drain is addressed.
    10-12-11 04:03 AM
    Now I'm noticing it seems to get disconnected from time to time.
    10-12-11 08:12 AM
    well, on 1.8, if I sent the App to the background, I could not get new messages until I shutdown and restarted the App. I sent them a feedback message through the App. Maybe it was coincedence but 1.9 came out shortly after. Seems to have fixed that for me.

I thought PUSH was working, but now with the BIS outages, I cant really say whats going on with it.
    10-12-11 09:46 AM
    Yesterday, I tried the web version of IMO.IM. I used it with Skype and it synchronized with my desktop. I called a friend of mine and it was almost great (some small problems with echo). Tried to setup the camera, but this part didn't work. However, quite a good tool.
    Will see for the application.
    12-18-11 08:43 AM
    I am using the imo app on my BB. It stays connected all day long. IM+ has many great features but it does not stay connected for more than a couple hours at a time. I have used IM+ for years, since it first came out, on various phones. Unless they can make the connection reliable it is for me useless, and I will continue to use imo.
    12-18-11 06:42 PM
    New version today works great, thanks for adding the persistant notification LED.
    Last edited by don.new; 12-20-11 at 10:52 PM.
    12-20-11 10:50 PM
    When I type a message and hit enter, the sent message is sometimes more 'greyish' then black (normal). Is there any difference?
    Has anyone else noticed that?
    01-07-12 02:51 PM
    This app looks great! But no push notifications eh?
    01-22-12 05:29 PM
    UI looks great and I'm enjoying the new IMO. There's an option to 'set blinking colour' but I can't get it to stick. Is that for individual contacts or just for the app itself? Wish BeBuzz supported IMO.
    04-27-12 02:43 AM
    I have installed AIM in IMO but just noticed that it doesn't detect all my online contacts. I logged into AIM at the same time and saw that it has 2 friends online (one in the Buddy category and one in the family category). Looking at the IMO app, I only see the friend found in the buddy category but not the other one. This was happening in version 1.1.5 and I upgraded to the 1.1.6 and it' still the same. The other IMs list are correct.
    05-01-12 02:45 AM
    I just installed 1.1.7 and i am trying to connect to skype but it gives me an error, perhaps a temporary problem.

One thing i do not see anywhere is the connection protocol: does it uses BIS ? There is no setting for that and nowhere on IMO site this is described. Anyone knows ?

JP
    02-19-13 11:31 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD